14

「FOURTEEN」

「FOURTEEN」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

SCOTT AND DEREK HAD COME TO THE NEMETON TO RESCUE EVERYONE, AS WELL AS REGROUP.

Adelyn hugged Scott quickly, before looking up at him. "You're an Alpha." She grinned in disbelief, wrapping her hands around his neck. The girl was instantly listening to his heartbeat, which had increased for a moment.

Scott gave her a lopsided smile back, gently grabbing her face. "You are too." Adelyn cocked her head, confused as to how he knew, "I can sense it."

"This is probably the weirdest thing that has happened to us so far and that is saying a lot-" Scott cut her off by pulling her into a kiss, before breaking away and wrapping an arm around her shoulder. 

"Let's get out of here."

The group started heading to the entrance of the reserve, "So, are you two going to be co-alphas then?" Derek asked, falling in step with the couple.

Addy hummed, "Why, do you want in?" She raised her eyebrows with the offer.

Derek sighed, "Not at the moment." Adelyn looked at him with a confused look.

"Don't tell me you're leaving now, Derek." Her shoulders dropped, but he just shrugged.

"I told Cora that I'd take her back to South America." He explained, making the Gamma sigh.

"Well, if you come back, we'll have a spot saved for you." She tapped his bicep, making him smile gratefully at her.

"Just for the record, co-alphas still have individual betas. Isaac will have to choose between you two." Derek explained, the aforementioned beta turned as he walked and gave him a sarcastic look.

"You think that's a hard choice or something?" 

Scott crossed his arms dramatically, "I think I should be offended."

"Cry about it, McCall." Isaac snickered, spinning back around to walk forwards.

Scott scoffed, looking down at his girlfriend, "I still hate him."

"Well, he lives with you. Settle it on your own time." She giggled, patting him on the back.

"I don't want to be co-alphas anymore."

: ̗̀➛☽︎

Isaac was propped up against his bed, Adelyn laying on top of it. The girl was throwing a lacrosse ball up in the air as Isaac laced his net up. She stopped abruptly, sitting up. "So, Mr. Lahey."

"What do you want?"

She smiled slyly, "I want you to ask a certain Argent out."

Isaac's eyes went round as he looked up from his net at her. "No way. Not doing that."

"Oh, come on!" She got up off his bed and sat on the floor in front of him. "Don't tell me you're all shy again. You were pretty cocky when you became a werewolf, where did that Isaac go?"

"I think you punched it out of me." He tilted his head, standing up so he was towering over her. "I'm not asking Allison out. She doesn't like me."

"So you do like her?" Addy smirked and the boy groaned. "I'm teasing, Isaac. But I do think you guys would work out. Also she is most definitely into you. Boys are just as blind as bats."

Isaac scoffed, rolling his eyes. Scott knocked on the door way, "You guys ready?"

"Yes, please. I can't be alone with her anymore." Isaac threw his lacrosse stick on his bed, walking past Scott and out the door.

"I think I get on his nerves." Adelyn chuckled, making Scott smile.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her toward him, "I think it's funny."

"I hate you guys!" Isaac shouted.

Scott and Adelyn burst out into laughter as they walked downstairs, seeing a brooding Isaac. "Can we please just go? I'm starving and it's already two o'clock." The boy whined, making them laugh even more. The Lahey clenched his jaw, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Sorry, Isaac. It's just too damn easy to make you mad."

"I get it, now let's go get Mexican food." He motioned toward the door, making the couple start walking.

"Can't believe we've waited so long."

: ̗̀➛☽︎

After the three teens got their long-awaited Mexican food, Adelyn went home. Her dad had been back for only a week and he was already getting ready to leave for the weekend. So, the Tate's decided to have dinner together. 

They were both in the kitchen, doing their own thing to prepare different parts of the meal. "Is it just the weekend?"

"As far as I know, yes." Henry answered his daughter. "I only have a few more weeks until I get to stay home for a month. I know it's hard with me being gone all the time, but you still stay with Scott, Lydia, or Stiles right?"

"Yeah." The teen replied shortly, "It usually Lydia's."

"Well, I know for a fact that's not true, but since I trust you and Scott, I will let it slide." Henry looked at the girl as she looked down, her face turning slightly red from embarrassment. "Come on, you don't think I check in with the other parents?"

"Well, I was hoping you didn't." She smiled sheepishly.

"Tell Scott I said next time he comes over, I'll show him my collection of guns." The father vaguely threated, making Adelyn laugh.

"I'd bet he'd love to see them."

Henry began to speak again, but Adelyn could no longer hear him. Her ears began to ring, making her pause her actions. The girl set down the knife she had been using to slice potatoes, closing her eyes for a second.

"-you okay? Addy?" The werewolf flinched when her father grabbed her shoulders. He turned her around, "What's wrong?"

"My ears just started ringing, I couldn't really hear you for a second." She waved him off. He stared at her, but backed off anyways. "I'll be right back."

Adelyn walked toward her bathroom with an unnoticeable haste. The girl locked the door behind her, then grabbed the sink. She stared at her reflection, not really recognizing herself. She focused for a moment, trying to think of what may have triggered this.

Scott.

The girl shut her eyes, disconnecting from the boy instantly. She reopened her eyes, seeing everything as totally normal again. Adelyn remembered what Deaton had told her the day her friends sacrificed themselves. There would be consequences.

And she was open to all of them.

: ̗̀➛☽︎

act one done yay!!

let me know your theories for act two :)