10

「TEN」

「TEN」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

"DEREK, PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOUR LOVE LIFE IS LITERALLY THE WORST?"

The Hale scoffed in response, standing up off of his couch as he processed what the teens were telling him. "Shut up."

"No, seriously. This is psycho girlfriend number two. Please, up your standards a bit." Adelyn clasped her hands, pleading. She wasn't even joking at this point, she was being completely genuine.

Stiles and Scott stood off to the side awkwardly, watching the two werewolves interact. The human was internally freaking out, whilst his friends were trying to figure out what the hell to do.

"Addy, please for the love of god, stop talking and hide. She's here." He motioned for the teens to hide behind a pillar, understanding Scott's plan to out Jennifer as the Darach and prove to Derek that she was the killer.

"Derek?" The door to the loft slides open. Jennifer walked in, putting up a scared front. "Derek, where are you?"

"Right here." He walked over to her, the woman sighing in relief and hugging him.

She pulled away, "Something happened at the recital. At the school." Jennifer began, "Okay. I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it from them."

"From who?" Derek played dumb.

"Adelyn, Scott, Stiles." The woman listed, Addy almost chuckled at how late she was to the party. "They're going to tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me." 

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me." She demanded. Addy looking down at Stiles' hand as she noticed his balled-up fist. The girl wrapped her fingers around his wrist, forcing him to open his hand and let her grab it. She squeezed his hand reassuringly, before focusing back on the adults' conversation.

Thunder sounded, lightning flashing through the window. "They're already here, aren't they?"

Scott lead as the three teens rounded the corner, a jar of mistletoe in his hand. "So they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"Because you are." Adelyn cut in, making Jennifer glare harshly at her.

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott added, his jaw setting in anger.

"Oh, that's right." Jennifer exclaimed sarcastically. "Committing human sacrifices. What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it in my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"It does! It makes a lot of sense, actually." Adelyn nodded, chuckling a bit in response. "English teachers are always the ones who are batshit crazy." She clicked her tongue, grinning slightly.