08

「EIGHT」

「EIGHT」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

AFTER TWO DOCTORS HAD GONE MISSING, ADELYN, SCOTT, AND ISAAC DECIDED TO KEEP WATCH ON MELISSA. The boys both fell asleep rather quickly for people who were supposed to be protecting someone, forcing Addy to stay awake all night by herself. She was leaned against Scott's chair when Melissa woke up, the woman gasping when she saw them.

"Boys." Melissa called out to them, noticing Adelyn was already awake. "Boys!" Scott and Isaac both shot up, the Tate snickering quietly at their jumpiness. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh, we we're watching over you." Isaac explained, his mind being kind of hazy from sleep. The boy never liked being startled awake, but, then again, nobody did.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacriface." Scott elaborated as Adelyn stood up, scrolling through her phone aimlessly as she listen to the boys explain.

"But both of you were asleep." The mother observed, both boys glancing at each other for a moment.

"You were on watch last." Scott pointed at Isaac immediately.

"What are you talking about? You were on watch last." The Lahey defended himself.

"No, you were on watch last." The McCall repeated, making Isaac look down in thought.

"As someone with an educated opinion, yes, Isaac was on watch last." Adelyn piped in, Isaac scratching the back of his head as he looked up at Melissa.

"I might've been on watch last."

"My heroes." Melissa joked, making Addy point at her with the device in her hand.

"I stayed up all night for you." She informed, the boys looking at her. "What? I tried waking you both up, Scott never moved and Isaac tried to punch me in his sleep." She stuck her hands out in exasperation, revealing that the werewolves were quite stubborn.

"Sorry about that." Isaac apologized quietly, making her roll her eyes at him.

"Thank you, Adelyn, but didn't you guys say they were all doctors? I mean, I haven't had an M.D. recently attached to the end of my name, so I'm think I'm in the clear." Melissa reasoned, shaking her head lightly as she spoke.

Scott took a step closer to her, "Yeah, but it can just come under any kind of healer, Mom." He explained.

"The definition is kind of broad. It could probably even be werewolves, since we can take pain." Addy added, making Scott and Isaac squint at her when she basically said that they could be sacrificed next. "You know I'm right, right?"

"Well, yeah, but we've already almost been sacrificed once and I'm not okay with you jinxing us like that." Isaac hissed, poking her side. She flinched away, trying to put distance between the two of them. She almost fell over, but Scott caught her quickly and steadied her, making her smiled sheepishly at him.