13

「THIRTEEN」

「THIRTEEN」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

SCOTT, ALLISON, AND STILES WERE BRIEFLY IN DENIAL ABOUT HOW LONG THEY WERE OUT. After they collected their thoughts, everyone was back to making a plan. Scott mentioned how he was supposed to go back to Deucalion, which Stiles immediately rejected.

"No, dude. You're not going back with them."

"We made a deal with Deucalion." Scott stated firmly, not taking no for an answer. He glanced at Adelyn, who was leaning against his tub beside him. She nodded in affirmation. "One of us has to go back."

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles exclaimed, Adelyn just smiled tiredly at him.

"Why does it matter anyway?" Isaac inquired, not sure why Deucalion's deal seemed so important to the McCall when his mother's life was at stake.

Scott looked down at the ground for a second, before looking back at the beta. "Because I still don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help."

Allison looked between Adelyn and Deaton, "He trusts you two more than anything. Tell him he's wrong." Adelyn stared back at her, slowly shaking her head.

"I'm not so sure he is." Deaton agreed with the two werewolves across from him, "Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normal consider your enemies."

Adelyn stood up, crossing her arms over her chest. "I feel like we've been in the exact scenario a few times." She looked at Allison, "Your family and us against Peter Hale, and then the Kanima. It's the same with this. Just more dangerous than before and with even more lives a stake." The Tate compared, making the huntress tilt her head as she began to understand.

"So we're gonna trust him?" Isaac questioned in disbelief. "The guy that calls himself 'death, destroyer of worlds'? We're gonna trust that guy?" He looked between Scott and Adelyn, looking for an answer.

Addy scoffed, "Hell no."

Deaton added on, "I wouldn't trust him, no. But you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait."

Everyone stood in silence for a moment, before they heard the front door open. Deaton moved to go check who it was, Adelyn reached out and caught his arm.

"Ethan." She muttered, staring at him for a moment as he nodded. She released the vet, letting him go see the Alpha. She glanced at Scott, who narrowed his eyes at her. The boy reached forward, moving her hair to see the black veins covering her back, shoulders, neck, and most of her chest. 

Scott stared at her with worry, but she waved him off, trying to tell him that she was fine.

"I'm looking for Lydia." Ethan announced, and the redhead moved to the front after hearing her name. Adelyn followed the Martin, wanting to see what the Alpha would say.