X - A whole new world

A/N: Yes that was an Ariel reference don't ask.

(edited on 12/25/2020 to fill some story gaps)

-----

(The next day)

"Tom!" Evangeline exclaimed. To her, the morning was already fresh with morning dew, waiting to be exposed to humans.

On the contrary, to Tom, it was too early.

I would find that most would agree with Tom as Evangeline woke Tom up at precisely 4:38AM.

"Whaaaat." Tom groaned.

"Wake up! Wake up! Dumbledore's going to bring us shopping for our supplies today!"Evangeline said gleefully.

"Yes, however, not at 4:38AM." Muttered an irritated Tom.

"O-oh. Whoops." Evangeline said softly.

"Can I stay here until the morning?" Evangeline asked.

"Ugh. Fine." 

"Can I sleep on your bed? It's awfully cold."

"Don't push your luck. The floor's all yours."

Evangeline huffed and lied down on the floor.

"You dummy. You're going to get sick?!" Tom exclaimed.

"Well- you told me so i-" Evangeline started.

"Just come over here."

Tom lifted the covers and allowed Evangeline to enter the warm covers. They slept until morning came, and they were awoken by a rooster's call.

When Tom woke up, the only occupant on his bed was himself. His door was wide open, which meant that Evangeline must have already left. 

Tom stretched and got out of bed. As he just stepped out of the door, he saw a young lively girl with a man with a twinkling eyes.

"Oh! Tom! Evangeline's already ready to get her supplies. Tom, did you just get out of bed or something? Go! Go change!" the man, Dumbledore, said mischievously.

Tom scoffed as he headed back into his room, but in the corner of his eye, he saw Evangeline smirking at him. He rolled his eyes back and ran smack into his door. Evangeline, horrified, ran over to him. 

"Tom! Er- are you ok?" Evangeline asked worriedly.

"Yes." 

The tingling painful sensation on his face was nothing compared to his ego, now heavily bruised.

In a few minutes, they all found themselves on the front porch of the orphanage.

"Is everyone ready?" asked Dumbledore.

The children nodded, and he smiled.

"Great. Link hands." Dumbledore instructed.

The children did as he said, while Dumbledore placed his arm onto Tom's shoulder. Tom was about to protest but he found himself being twisted and turned and stretched in ways that shouldn't even be possible. But, as soon as it started, it was over.

Evangeline coughed, while Tom stood there shakily, attempting to hold in the contents of his stomach.

"Er, whoops. I may have forgotten to mention that apparating takes used to." Dumbledore said sheepishly.

In return, he received harsh glares from the children, but he merely shrugged it off.

"Welcome, to Diagon Alley. It is the marketplace for witches and wizards who can get trinkets and gadgets, but more commonly for students to retrieve their supplies." Dumbledore said in a grandiose tone.

He handed them a list of supplies and the general direction of where to go.

"For payment, just say, 'Dumbledore's Tab', and that will cover everything. I need to take my leave now, I find that you children will be able to do this yourselves, yes?" Dumbledore asked.

The children nodded, still feeling sickly from the unusual way of transportation.

Dumbledore clasped his hands together.

"Ok good, this is-" he started.

The watch on his hand - well, if you could call it a watch. It was a gadget with stars and constellations and odd marks that most likely Dumbledore could understand - started to make odd noises, consisting of 'booms' and 'bonks' and 'boings'.

"Merlin! I'm running late. Be well children, and i'll pick you up soon to return you to the orphanage."

And with that, Dumbledore disappeared - or rather, apparated, now with their extended vocabulary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This chapter isn't too shabby, if I do say so myself. Please drop a vote! It's in the top right corner, it'll really help, thank you!