V - Mysterious Man

She woke up the next day to a figure looming above her.

"Ahh!" Evangeline yelled.

"Hush up! It's only me." the figure spoke.

"Huh? Tom? What are you doing here?" Evangeline muttered.

"Just follow me."

Evangeline got out of bed and followed Tom. He had led her to a ladder.

"Well, go on then." he urged.

Hesitating, Evangeline slowly made her way up to the ladder. She was met with a starry sky that illuminated the dark atmosphere. She was in utter awe.

"Well, I figured that you liked stars since you took all the star books yesterday. And I guess this is an apology for yesterday as well." Tom admitted.

"Thank you? Thank you! I really like it." She said, smiling at him.

"I- ok, we should go back now, before Mrs. Cole wakes up."

As Evangeline was climbing down the ladder, she lost her footing. It was all a blur, she braced herself for the impact but it never came. When she opened her eyes, Tom had stuck his hand out and she was ... levitating?

"Tom?" she whispered.

Tom only stared back with his eyes wide opened. He gulped and closed his hand, and Evangeline fell on the floor with a soft thump. Fortunately, the impact was miniscule enough to not wake anyone up. 

The rest of the day, they barely spoke to each other as if they never met that morning, but they kept stealing knowing glances to each other. Finally, Evangeline couldn't stand the silence anymore and marched up to him.

"Tom." she said as he was selecting a book from the small library that the orphanage had.

"Yes?" he replied, uninterested.

"What was that."

"What was what?" 

"Don't act like you don't know! What was this morning, when you stuck your hand out and I was... floating?"

"That was merely your imaginati-"

"I know what I saw. Tell me." Evangeline commanded as she looked straight into his eyes. For a moment his expression was blank as well, but then his lip quivered.

"F-fine. You can't tell anyone or I swear I will scare you like I scare the other children."

Tom led her outside, behind a large bush.

"So, you see. I think I'm cursed. Mrs. Cole says so. The other kids say so. I can do things. I can make people hurt when I want to. But what happened this morning, that never happened before. I never saved anyone or used my powers to help until this morning." he said.

When Evangeline didn't say anything, he narrowed his eyes and pressed his lips into a thin line.

"You don't believe me, huh? Well, no-one else does anyway. Well, its a pity because I was starting to grow rather attached to y-" He was saying.

"No. Stop. I think I understand." Evangeline interrupted.

Tom said nothing but raised his eyebrows for her to continue. 

She sighed. When Tom had told her this, it formed a little bit of nostalgia. 

"When you just told me that, I remembered something. When I was around six, I broke a vase. My mother was insanely mad as that was a treasured family heirloom. However, I just stuck my hand out, like you did this morning, and the pieces rearranged back! It was like nothing every happened! But, the thing is. I don't remember this exactly. In fact, I don't remember it happened it at all! It just seems ... familiar." Evangeline explained as best as she could.

"So, you're saying its like your memory was wiped, but when I told you my story, it came back to you?" Tom asked.

"Y-yes, it seems so." Evangeline concluded. 

They nodded their heads in a silent agreement and headed back in.

After a week Evangeline finally adapted to her new lifestyle. Her schedule now consisted of: Wake up. Eat. Sit for hours and do nothing. Eat. Sleep. It was really nothing interesting, as what would be in an orphanage run by an old lady who doesn't even want to own the orphanage. But, the only difference was that ever since she started hanging around the known devil, Tom Riddle, the children started avoiding her. And eventually picking on her.

Evangeline sighed. She had already gone through all of the books the orphanage had. She missed how every night either her mother or father would read her a book for her to go to bed. Although it might have been a little childish, those were the very moments that she cherished the most. 

She got out of her room and headed downstairs to attempt to consume the disgusting porridge they had every single day. Something was in her eye so she immediately raised her arm to try to rub it out. While rubbing her eyes, she bumped into a mysterious figure. When she looked up, it was a man with a stubble and a twinkling gaze. 

"Oh my, sir! I really do apologize!" Evangeline said, and continued her way down. 

Then she froze. 

If someone was here to adopt them then Mrs. Cole or one of the workers should have alerted them and dressed them up by now. If that wasn't the case, then why is the man on this property without any assistance- wait! He must be a robber... oh no...

"Mrs. Cole!" Evangeline shrieked.

"What do you want you insolent child?!" Mrs. Cole harshly said.

"There's a robber on the premises! There's a robber on the premises!" Evangeline said hurriedly.

"Listen, child. I have no interest for your lousy games. What is he going to steal, a child?" Mrs. Cole laughed, although it sounded more like a cough. But, when she turned around she was met gaze to gaze with the very mysterious man that she had bumped into.

"Hello, Mrs. Cole. You were informed of my arrival, no?" the mysterious man spoke.

"A-ah yes, I terribly apologize. Albus, isn't it?" Mrs. Cole sputtered out of shock. 

"Yes, I wanted to talk to you about ..." 

But Evangeline wasn't listening. She ran to Tom and immediately started talking abruptly.

"Tom! Thereanoldmanandibumpedintohimandithoughthewasarobberbutthen-" Evangeline started.

"Woah there, stop. Can you breath." Tom said jokingly. 

"There's a man on the premises. He's not here for adoption, but I don't know what he's here for."

"I don't know either, but it's probably not that important. Anyways, I found that in this book that the character actually is evil, which means that I won the bet. Hand over your cards."

"Toooommmmm!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What do you guys think =^-^=

-uandurbl00dychick3n