XVI - Separation

Evangeline POV:

Evangeline rushed around, looking for any boys with dark curly hair. Then, she realized that he might have found a group of friends that give off a similar vibe like him. She had already encountered several groups that Tom could have perfectly fit in with.

She looked from group to group, anxiously expecting each member.

Oh no, what if I passed him? Argh, getting separated is really really annoying.

She rapidly scanned the area around her, panicking.

Suddenly, an idea hit her. Tom would find her; he always did. Whenever she was lost, he would be next to her within a few minutes, even if she left no tracks.

Hmm, what would be the best place to stay? Evangeline wondered.

She racked her brain for any spots he might find her. 

Ah yes! The last time they were together was at the station. Oh, but what if he didn't go through the wall yet? No, that wouldn't make any sense, Tom would use his senses. I'm sure he's on this side, I can almost feel it. What if I stayed at the entrance wall?

She quickly ran to the wall where families were going in and out. She anxiously ran her eyes over the groups that emerged, but still, there was no Tom.

Tom's POV:

Tom briskly walked around the station, looking for an idiotic auburn-brown haired girl and heterochromia eyes. 

Even after walking around for five minutes, he didn't find anyone that came close to her description.

Then, in the corner of his eye, he spotted a flash of brown hair the exact shade as Evangeline's. He quickly walked towards her and put a hand on her shoulder and said,

"Evangeline!"

The girl turned around.

Tom slightly cringed.

It wasn't Evangeline. He had just tapped the shoulder of a random girl.

However, the girl's scowl immediately melted as she took a good look at Tom.

Her facial features changed and she started to bat her eyelashes.

"Oh," She giggled, "Hello! I'm Walburga Black, pureblood of course, nice to meet you!" She put a finger on her mouth to act flirty.

Tom threw up a little in his mouth. He knew he also had to maintain his reputation, so he did his best to leave.

"Hello darling, it is nice to meet you as well. Unfortunately, I am looking for someone, and I had mistaken you for her." Tom said as nicely as possible.

The girl's delighted face turned to disgust.

"You.. were looking for a girl? Well then, um, why don't you stay with me? I'm sure we'll come across her eventually." Walburga giggled.

But Tom couldn't take anymore.

"Thank you for your offer, but I am in a desperate hurry." Said Tom before rushing off.

He shook his head in disgust but then cleared his mind.

The only thing I'm going to look for is Evangeline. No more petty distractions. Tom told himself.

"ALL ABOARD!" Yelled the conductor from the train. 

Tom shook his head. He just needed a little more time to look for Evangeline. 

With adrenaline pumping in his veins, he started looking around the train station rapidly but she still wasn't in sight.

"LAST CALL ALL ABOARD TO HOGWARTS!" Yelled the train conductor.

Tom swore in his head as he boarded the train. He started to walk until he found the compartment that held his new "friends."

"Hey Tom! You're back, are you all right?" Asked Abraxas.

Tom merely narrowed his eyes at sat down next to Theodore Nott. 

The boys paused and but after seeing Tom silent, continued their conversation.

Back to Evangeline's POV:

"ALL ABOARD!" called the train conductor.

Evangeline was panicking and bit her lip. She spotted her group of friends, and they waved her over.

"Did you find the person you were looking for? Was it, Tom?" asked Ariana.

Evangeline sorrowfully shook her head.

"Oh. Well, don't worry, he must be quite resourceful! Sit in the compartment with us. We might pass by his compartment too!" Ariana said, trying to cheer Evangeline up.

Evangeline looked up and bit her lip, slightly smiling. She nodded, and the group of friends boarded the train.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for reading :> 

Pls upvote that would literally be so helpful TvT

-uandurbl00dychick3n