XI - Diagon Alley

"Er- ok. So what's first on the list?" Evangeline asked.

"We need to get ... robes?" Tom replied.

"Robes? I guess that's the school uniform." Evangeline concluded.

They walked over to a shop that was called Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. They walked in, causing a little bell in the corner to start ringing. The children froze, and perceived all of their surroundings. 

"What was that." Evangeline whispered.

As if on cue, an old lady trudged into the room.

"Oh hello dearies," the lady squeaked, "I am Madam Malkin. You are first years getting your robes, I presume?"

On the list, it said, List for First Years, so the children assumed that they were first years.

"Yes, madam. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, we would like to receive them." Tom spoke politely.

"Ohhh yes dearies follow me." She waved her hand and all of a sudden, measuring tapes and fashion gadgets of all sorts started to float towards them.

Evangeline held her breath and eyed them wearily as a measuring tape started to wrap itself around her torso. After calculating the exact sizes, it floated over to Madam Malkin.

In a few seconds, a large piece of black cloth was coming towards her at full speed. Evangeline yelped, it but it stopped abruptly, a few inches from her.

"Here is your robe, darling. It's missing the crest because it will be sewn in after you get sorted into your house. Same for you, dearie." She said, looking from Evangeline to Tom, who just finished getting all measured up. 

Their clothes were wrapped neatly into a bag, that was shrunk to the size of a purse. Evangeline wrapped it around her waist.

"Dumbled-" Evangeline started.

"Yes yes, Dumbledore's Tab. Have a great day dearies." Madam Malkin smiled.

"Thank you Madam Malkin!" Evangeline said on her way out, while Tom just simply bowed.

"What's next?" Evangeline asked.

"You dummy, you have your own list." Tom said sarcastically.

"Ah that's right. Um, where is it.." Evangeline said, fumbling around her pockets.

"Ugh. We need to get books, so hurry up slowpoke." Tom said.

"Geeeez, you don't have to be so ruuude." Evangeline whined.

Tom scoffed but the corners of his mouth turned up a little.

They walked into a small shop called Obscurus Books. At first glance, the shop was small, but if you walked in, it was the size of a mansion! It was filled, head to toe, with books and books and books.

The children looked at each other with awe before sprinting away. They engulfed themselves into books and read. After about an hour or so, they found each other again.

"That was awesome! I could stay here forever!" Evangelien breathed.

"Yes, that was quite spectacular. However, we still have a list to go through. Do I have to remind you that we completed one thing on the list?" Tom said sternly.

"Ok, father, let's go find the books." Evangeline shot back.

Tom clenched his jaw, having the perfect retort on the tip of his tongue, but after looking around, he swallowed and shut his mouth.

It took only half an hour to find all of their assigned books.

They walked up to the counter, arms full of books. 

"Dumbledore's Tab." Evangeline stated.

"Alright, you're good to go." A gruff voice from behind the counter stated.

"Huh?" Evangeline said incredulously.

"I'm just kidding, you're not going to be able to carry all those books yourselves, eh youngsters?" The voice laughed.

A burst of sparks appeared and the books were compressed into a small bag, around the same size as the one Madam Malkin had given them to hold their robes.

"'Ere you go, it'll be easier to hold yer books this way." The voice said.

After seeing the children's horrified faces, the voice laughed once again.

"Don't worry youngsters, if you reach in an' pull it out, it'll be the same size 'gain." the voice said merrily.

"Thank you!" Evangeline said, beaming, as they walked away from the counter.

When the got outside of the shop, Evangeline smiled.

"That was some pretty cool stuff, huh Tom!" Evangeline asked.

"Mmhmm. Although hopefully in the future, the spells I perform will be much better than that." Tom retorted. On the inside, he cherished the face of Evangeline smiling. He wanted to see her smile because of him. That very day, he vowed that he would become powerful, and Evangeline would be in awe of him. Smiling to himself, he pulled out the list.

"Last we have to get our wands." Tom said.

"Lets go!" Exclaimed a giddy Evangeline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: hope you liked this one! Pls vote, that'd be great :>

-uandurbl00dychick3n