XII - Ollivanders

As the children were about to embark their journey towards the Wand Shop, the heard a growl. It was ferocious, and ready to devour. It took seconds to realize where that monstrous sound had came from ...

Evangeline's hungry stomach.

"Whoops, heh. I forgot to get breakfast this morning." Evangeline said sheepishly.

"Really?!" huffed Tom, but he grabbed her arm. Evangeline widened her eyes at the contact but said nothing. 

He dragged her in front of a shop called Honeydukes.

"Ooh! This places looks neat!" exclaimed Evangeline.

"It looks too childish." scoffed Tom.

"Tom- you are a child." retorted Evangeline.

"I am not." stated Tom.

"Are too." Evangeline stuck her tongue out.

"Nuh-uh!"

"Uh-huh!" 

"Ugh, whatever. Let's just go inside." said Tom, rolling his eyes.

Smirking, Evangeline pushed opened the doors and was hit with a scent of candies.

Evangeline widened her eyes and turned to Tom, who was also standing still in shock.

"I suppose this shop is rather aromatic..." Tom mumbled.

Evangeline just grinned, and started to grab candies and chocolates of all kind from the counters.

She grabbed a candy that was an assortment of colors and popped it in her mouth.

"Hey! Evangeline what are you doing?" Exclaimed Tom.

"What?" Evangeline asked.

"If you were bright enough, which you aren't dummy, you would have read the sign! It says it makes you throw up!" seethed Tom.

"Why would they make candy that makes you throw up?" asked Evangeline. 

Seconds later, she threw up. Luckily there wasn't much to throw up in the first place, but it still happened.

An odd looking man, perhaps the owner of the shop, walked up to them.

"It's for, er, skipping class." he chuckled.

Evangeline, food still dripping from her mouth, cringed sheepishly.

"I- I'm sorry." she stuttered.

"No worries at all! We all do it." the man winked.

With a wave of his hand, the mess disappeared and it was as if nothing happened at all.

"Well run along! Go get more food! But look at the signs next time, ok?" The man laughed and walked away.

Evangeline stood there frozen in her spot and Tom grabbed her out of the shop.

"I- I think I lost my appetite." said a frozen Evangeline.

"Well that's just jolly. Let's go get our wands." said Tom, and they started to walk to a wand shop called Ollivanders.

When the walked in, they were met with walls full of boxes, which the children suspected they all held wands. They walked to the counter, but nobody was there. Tom spotted a bell, so he rang it. 

Soon enough, a frizzy haired man stumbled to the front counter.

"Ah! Hello, you must be first years getting your wands, yes?" the man asked.