VIII - Unrevealed Secret Part 1

Dumbledore's POV:

Dumbledore sighed, relieved that he had finally finished his duties for the week. He reached over his desk, patted his phoenix, Fawkes, on the head, and retrieved a scroll. He unraveled it and it was a list of his duties for the week. He checkmarked the last box, which was traveling to Wool's Orphanage to recruit a young wizard, and sent it to Headmaster Dippet via phoenix. 

He sunk back into his chair, wondering what to do when he suddenly remembered a particular conversation. A conversation that included a girl that he had met at Wool's Orphanage. What was her name? Ah, yes, Evangeline. But that wasn't why he was so interested in finding out who she was. It was her last name. Goldstein. It had given him such a sense of familiarity but he couldn't pinpoint who it was. His last resort was to head over to the library and research family trees. Dumbledore was still skeptical of doing this, as she could be muggleborn, but he waved away those thoughts and made his way to the library.

He first selected  a book about lineage of the four founders. The heir of Gryffindor lineage was Longbottom, or Potter. (I just want to point out that I'm making these up, these facts aren't entirely accurate!) The heir of Hufflepuff was branched out into so many family lines, practically anybody could be the heir of Hufflepuff. The heir of Slytherin ended abruptly at the Gaunts. Lastly, the heir of Ravenclaw. It was no surprise that the lineage ended at Helena Ravenclaw. Such a tragic story.

He sighed, placing down the book that offered him no guidance. He reached over the shelf and selected another book, this time opening it to a random page. Before he could set his eyes upon the page, however, a student had called to him. Dumbledore placed the book down and went to aid the student. 

Unfortunately, Dumbledore forgot about the book. And the random page he had opened it to included the very information he needed; the page was open on Page 34, the Goldsteins. 

It took about 5 hours for him to be free of duties yet again, and he had suddenly remembered his reasoning for heading over to the library in the first place, to find the name of Goldstein's! He rushed over to the library. The librarian was picking up the book he had set down, and so he rushed over to the librarian, asking for the book. Apologetically, he grabbed the book from her and eyed the table of contents. He had seen a flash of blue, which presumed to be Ravenclaw colors. After flipping to the Ravenclaw section, his eyes fell on the very words; Goldstein. The lineage of the Ravenclaw family didn't end at Helena. It seemed that when Helena ran away, she had met another man for a short time, and gave birth. When she found out that her mother sent the Baron to bring her back, she told the man to take the child and run. The man is currently unknown, other than knowing his last name was indeed, Goldstein. 

Evangeline's POV:

Evangeline was in her room, drying her very obvious tears. She couldn't believe that after settling in the orphanage, her friend - or rather, her only friend - was leaving. The other children avoided her at all costs. And the worst thing was that he was leaving her for years at a time. She cried all of her sadness away until her eyes were dry and she sat numb on her bed. 

She heard a knock on the door, and the door handle turned. The door was pushed open and she saw the person she wanted to see the least; Tom Riddle.

"Uh- hey-" Tom started.

"Go away!" Evangeline shouted and turned her back to him.

"Just her me out, will you?!" Tom tried to reason.

"No!"

"You annoying little- just stop being so stubborn and just listen to me!" Tom seethed.

Evangeline whirled around, anger evident in her usually soft eyes. She stormed over to him and jabbed her finger onto his chest.

"You. You think you can just walk in here and tell ME to stop being stubborn? ME?!" Evangeline screeched. 

Tom widened his eyes and gulped.

"Evangeline..."

"Don't Evangeline me! You fool! You can't make me depend on you then leave you insolen-"

"Evangeline! Look behind you!" Tom yelled.

Evangeline whipped around to see her bed and books floating in the air. When she took a deep breath to calm down, the items fell back onto the floor undisturbed.

"Wha-?" Evangelien stuttered.

Suddenly, a voice appeared out of nowhere.

"It seems that my suspicions were apparently correct." a man stated.

Both children whisked around to see a familiar man in front of them.

"Dumbledore?" both children asked in unison.

Dumbledore sighed.

"Yes, its me. It appears that I have some explaining to do. Best be comfortable, as this may take some time." Dumbledore stated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry yall i might not be updating daily because I am quite busy! Please expect updates to occur every 2-3 days! (Not always, its going to be inconsistent lol, but it will never take over a week to update unless I say it is!)

I hope yall enjoyed it! <3

-uandurbl00dychick3n