I - The first encounter

A/N: Hi everyone! If you've found this story I just want to say thank you for clicking on this story! Disclaimer: characters that are already written in the Harry Potter series belong to J.K. Rowling, but the other characters made by me original. 

On my tiktok account, @adailyprophet, has Harry Potter content, so if you check it out that'd be great!

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evangeline Goldstein was your average girl who was filled with smiles, and that's what the entire neighborhood of knew her by. Her hair was a warm auburn brown that glistened in the sun, while her heterochromia eyes flashed green and brown. They loved the sweet little girl, who was otherworldly generous. You could walk down the street and see her giving gold coins to those unfortunate, or buying a few sweets for her friends who couldn't buy a piece of candy everyday after school. 

Today, Evangeline Goldstein was prancing about her grand mansion, her frilly dress flouncing up and down with every bounce. She was aligned, head to toe, with riches that you couldn't even dream of. Her face bore an enlightened expression that never faltered. She was especially ecstatic today because, of course, it was the day of her birth.

"Mama! Papa!" Evangeline exclaimed.

"Yes, my dear?" the father inquired.

"Its my birthday today! It's my birthday today!" she shouted as she sprinted through the halls.

"Yes, yes of course! What would you like to do today darling?" asked the mother, beaming.

"I want to help! A- a- an orphanage! I want to give them a special feast because its my birthday today!" Evangeline said happily.

"A-an orphanage? Are you, erm, sure, my dear? It's your birthday and you can do anything you want but- you want to provide for an orphanage?" the father worriedly asked.

The girl seemed oblivious of the insult her father managed to slip into the words and began nodding her head furiously.

"Well, all right. If that's what you really want." the mother and father said sweetly.

They went into a grand carriage, trailed by 6 other carriages full of golden coins and freshly baked food. The arrive at the dark and gloomy orphanage, which hung an old and dilapidated sign that faintly said, 'Wools Orphanage'. The mother and father, like any others, hesitated before stepping onto the property, but the girl ran to the front door. She curled her first and banged on the door furiously before an old woman, clearly irritated, opened the door.

"Yes?" the old woman said in an arrogant tone.

"Hi! It's my birthday today and i-" Evangeline started.

"Yes? Hello Mr. and Mrs. Goldstein, how can I help you today." the woman rudely interrupted.

"Ah, well yes. So you see, today is my daughters birthday and she would like to provide and feast for you all." the mother explained.

The woman, still unconvinced, let them into the creaky old building. She started to screech names, which the girl guessed were the current occupants in the poor-conditioned building. After a few seconds, there stood before them, were around ten children, ranging from five to nine, stood.

"Hello, young Goldstein, I am Mrs. Cole, and, well, here are all the measly- I- I mean gracious children that are yet to be adopted." the woman stated, "This kind young woman was generous enough to give us a feast because it is her, birthday." the woman stressed the word 'birthday' as if it was laced with venom, then sugarcoated with honey.

"Um, but miss! Tom isn't here!" piped up a young boy.

The old woman, now identified as Mrs. Cole, tried to hush the young boys, but the information reached Evangeline's ears before Mrs. Cole could shush the young boy.

"Oh? Who's Tom? I wouldn't want anyone to miss out! Please, invite him to come here!" Evangeline grinned.

Mrs. Cole sighed, knowing that there wasn't going back.

"I must warn you, that child is like the devil himself!" she shuddered.

"Tom! Come down here this instant! We have very special guests, so I suggest you make your way down here right now!" Mrs. Cole shouted quite harshly.

"Mrs. Cole, I thought I made it clear that I have no intention of being adopted right now." rang a young boy's voice that echoed throughout the dinky building.

"Tom Marvolo Riddle! You have no place to negotiate! Come down THIS INSTANT!" Mrs. Cole bellowed evidently.

Soon enough, footsteps were heard, and eventually a young boy came to sight. Evangeline studied him further; his hair was neatly tucked onto one side, brimming with curls, and his face kept a stoic expression. His hands were thrust into his pockets, a sign of displeasure. 

The boy, whom Evangeline guessed as Tom Riddle, immediately changed his unpleasant demeanor when he saw the sophisticated people in front of him. He straightened out his posture and flashed a grim face with his lips etching up, which was safe to guess an attempt at a smile. 

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Goldstein, I am pleasured to meet you. I apologize for my behavior earlier, I didn't have the best night." the boy said.

Although Evangeline didn't show it, behind her face full of smiles, she knew the boy was an excellent liar, and he lied in front of their faces just now. 

"It's ok, m'boy! Let's us start preparing the feast!" Evangeline's father exclaimed. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: That was the end of my first chapter! I've never really written much stories before. If you catch any errors please lmk! I hope you all enjoyed it :)

P.S. Don't forgot to vote for my story! I'd really appreciate it if you did :)

-uandurbl00dychick3n