6 | Glory and Gore

"Chance is the only game I play with, baby" - Glory and Gore

-

"Are you enjoying the movie?" Kris's voice whispered in my ear, and my body froze as I tried to put distance between us. Again.

It's only been 45 minutes, but Kris has managed to make me feel like I've been here for five hours. After I removed her arm from around me the first time, she just kept on trying. And if she wasn't trying to do that, then she was making sure that there was no space between us. If she wants me to stop thinking that she doesn't know what personal space means, then she's not doing a very good job of showing it.

"Yeah, it's cool." Do you know what else would be cool? If you'd stop trying to touch me.

"Then why are you fidgeting so much? Are you sure you're not scared?" Oh, I'm scared all right. Scared that I might go to jail because of what I'll do to you if you don't stop touching me.

"Actually, I kind of want to take a break. I'll be back in a bit." I declared before standing up from the couch and walking out of the room as quickly as possible. I hope that, for the first time tonight, Kris uses her common sense and doesn't follow me out because I don't have it in me to not punch her in the face right now.

What's wrong Adri; why aren't you having fun? Shut up; this is all your fault. How so? If you hadn't touched her in the first place, she wouldn't have the stupid idea that it's okay to try and touch me. You know normal human beings touch each other. You know I'm not a "normal human being".

"Cole I want to go home," I spoke into my phone, as I paced in front of Kris's front door.

"Cole! Cole! Adri's on the phone! Adri's on the phone!" Ellie's voice giggled on the other side of the line, and a small smile made its way onto my face.

Ellie is Cole's actual sister. She is the six-year old, female version of him. She is the biggest bundle of joy that I have ever seen in my entire life. She is my exact opposite really, but I guess that's why she and I get along so easily. We balance each other out.

"Ellie, how was school?" I asked, momentarily forgetting my situation. Despite how miserable I've been so far, a little part of me still wants to see if I can make it. I'm sure that after talking to Ellie for two minutes, I'll be okay enough to go back in there.

"It was a lot of fun! I drew you a picture of a unicorn and a rainbow and a puppy and the sun. When you get home will you hang them on the walls in your room?"

"Of course I will El. When have I not?"

"Ellie is that Adri?" Cole's voice sounded in the background. I looked up at the ceiling, contemplating my decision. If I can make it through this, then I can probably make it through one of Ellie's dance recitals. All I need to do is think about supporting Ellie and I'll be able to make it through this.

I have to do this for Ellie.

"Ellie, tell Cole I'll call him back later. I love you."

I waited for her to reply before I ended the call with a sigh. I'll just sit as far from Kris as possible and hope for the best.

"Who were you talking to?" Hoping for the best obviously gets you nowhere in this life.

"None of your business Kris. What do you want?" I turned around to face her, to see she had a look of contemplation on her face.

"Do you want to go upstairs to my room?" Now I know this girl is crazy. How has she not gotten the hint that,

1. I don't like her,