34 | Liability (Reprise)

"Maybe all this is the party. Maybe the tears and the highs we breathe, oh no. Maybe all this is the party. Maybe we just do it violently. But you're not what you thought you were" - Liability (Reprise)

Kristina placed her present for me on the table in between us with an obnoxious, yet intoxicating smile on her face. As usual, she's way too excited.

"Don't glare at me like that Adrianna. It's three months after our one month anniversary and we're just now exchanging our gifts. I have every right to be excited." Kristina countered and I rolled my eyes.

Unfortunately, Kristina is right about us being a little late on the gift exchange. Even after Tabitha told me that I don't need to see her anymore (which apparently did not go over well with my parents), I was still in an emotional rut. I took my medicine and everything, but as usual, it didn't do much to help me out of it.

Unless Cole or Kristina were here to literally pull me out of my bed for school, I most likely wasn't going anywhere. This is the first week in a while where no one had to threaten me out of bed, so I called Kristina and told her to hurry up and come over if she wanted a chance to deal with a non-depressed me for a few minutes. I'm still not willing to leave my bedroom, but this is progress.

"No one is saying that you can't be excited; you're just disgustingly excited," I responded and she threw me a look before leaning over the table to kiss my cheek.

"Whatever. You love it." She's right about that.

I dismissed her comment with a wave of my hand, grabbing the bag off of the table. I glanced up at Kristina who was still giving me that same wide smile. I gave her a slight eye roll before taking the tissue paper out of the bag.

I don't know why she's so excited for me to open this; I've already decided that if it's not a $100 gift card to Sebastio's, then I'm not going to be happy.

After pulling out all of the tissue paper in the bag, I saw a small box waiting for me at the bottom of it and it did not look big enough to hold a gift card.

Maybe the gift cards at Sebastio's are just really tiny. You and I have both seen the gift cards; they're normal-sized. Maybe they custom made one for you. You really think so? No.

I gave Kristina a skeptical look before slowly pulling the box out of the bag. If this is about to turn into a marriage proposal than Kristina better be prepared for me to slap her or induce some other form of bodily harm.

"Well don't just glare at it." Kristina joked, but I still gave her a harsh glare. I need time to mentally prepare for what's about to occur. I don't want to hurt Kristina's feelings, but I'm emotionally unstable right now so that's probably what's going to end up happening.

I took a few deep breaths before slowly opening the small box. However, as soon as I saw the glint of a diamond peek through, I slammed the box closed and chucked the box straight at Kristina's head. Luckily she's used to this type of thing, so she just ducked out of the way. She reached behind her to grab the box before giving me a bewildered look.

"Adrianna, what-"

"We can't get married right now!" I yelled, cutting her off.

We're too young and I'm too crazy.

Kristina stared at me for a moment with a neutral expression, before she finally broke into a smile. "Adrianna, it isn't an engagement ring." She reassured in an amused tone.

"But it's a ring!." I countered back, still screaming. Cole and Ellie are probably wondering what's going on up here, but since they know that Kristina is here, they're probably not too concerned.