25 | Royals

That kind of luxe just ain't for us. We crave a different kind of buzz" - Royals

-

The next morning I decided to ignore Cole's existence. Not just the words that come out of his mouth, but his entire presence.

I accidentally ran into him on my way to take my meds because I refused to acknowledge the fact that he was standing in front of the cabinet. When I went to open the front door, I found that it was already open, but I still made the motion to open it anyway. There was a chorus of 'I'm sorry' signing in the background but the soundtrack in my head sounded so much better.

When Ellie came running down the stairs per usual, I am almost positive that she could sense what was going on and decided that giving me my space was the best thing to do. I wanted to tell her that I wasn't mad at her and that she could totally still jump on my back and hold my hand, but I didn't. Though Ellie is more understanding than most 6-year olds, explaining to the most innocent little girl on the planet why I was ignoring the only one who cares about us didn't seem like it would work out.

When we got to school, I heard the chorus start up again in the background. But I just walked out of the car though and made a beeline towards the school entrance. There is only one person I want to see or hear right now and no one is getting in the way of that.

I walked down a few hallways until I turned down one and saw Kris standing at the end of one talking to Zoё.

I let a relieved sigh escape as I began walking towards them. I opened up my mouth to get their attention, but my arm was pulled back, stopping my tracks.

It took every fiber in my body to not turn around and break the neck of whoever just touched me. I don't care who it is. I could turn around and see the President right now and still want to break his neck.

Fortunately, it's not the President.

Unfortunately, it's Nathaniel.

What is he doing here?! I thought that you loved him? That was before I knew that Kristina existed and she told us about him. Well thanks to your poor future seeing skills, we have to talk to him.

"Adrianna." That is my name. Please keep it out of your mouth.

I don't trust myself to answer him verbally, so I just nod in acknowledgment. I try to look behind him at Kris as a plea for help, but Nathaniel is freakishly tall. Maybe his punishment for touching me should be to lose his legs. I'd probably be helping the rest of humanity by doing that.

"You can't hang out with Kris. She's corrupting you. I mean, you're not gay. You're-"

"I'm going to stop you right there before you say something stupid." I help up my hand, interrupting him with a dull stare. He looked a little surprised that I interrupted him, but I don't really care. It isn't like he's Queen Elizabeth or anything.

"I was gay long before Kristina and, if anything, I'm a bad influence on her. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go continue being a bad influence on her."

This is the part where I was supposed to walk away from him, and I tried to, but he decided that it would be appropriate to try and grab my arm.

So I thought that it would be appropriate to try and break his wrist.

I snatched his arm away from mine and twisted it behind his back in one fluid motion. He began to struggle against me, so I slammed his body against the lockers and continued to push his arm further up his back.

By now we've managed to attract a few onlookers, one of them including Kris.

"Hey, babe." She spoke slowly, walking towards me at a cautious pace. I glanced back at her, but then rolled my eyes. She can obviously see that I'm busy.