29 | Precious Metals

"Do I look like a fool? 'Cause I must be a fool, to hold on to precious metals like I do, I do, I do" - Precious Metals

-

Kristina's P.O.V.

When I walked into my house, my heart warmed at the smell of lasagna hitting my nostrils.

"Thank you, mom!" I yelled into the abyss, before heading up to my room.

My parents are the kindest people I have ever met; I try and emulate them in everything that I do. Unfortunately, their work hours are in the afternoon so I don't get to see them very often, but they're free on the weekends and we always make sure to make time for each other.

It is also pretty nice that they accept me, personality and all. As long as I don't end up in jail or flunk out of school, they're happy with me. They've approved of my sexuality since the beginning and have even met a few of my girlfriends. They even know about how promiscuous I am. Or should I say was?

Because Adrianna has turned my entire life upside down.

The thought of her had my body release a deep sigh of content, as I plopped myself onto my bed. I don't know how I got lucky enough to have met her, but I am so happy that I did.

I know that sometimes it gets rough and Adri can frustrate me to a point of me wanting to jump off a cliff, sometimes even strangle myself, but she's so worth it. I've never been so amused or breathless around a person as I am with Adrianna.

She's my little psycho and I love her.

Of course, I can't just tell her that. Even though I know the feelings are reciprocated, Adrianna's a little unstable and will most likely try to stab me if the words leave my mouth anytime soon.

And I can't have that. Especially not when things just got good.

My phone rang from my bedside table and I groaned reluctantly before answering it, not even bothering to look at the Caller ID.

"Kris."

The sound of Cole's voice had my body upright and nervous. "Hey. What's up?" I asked nonchalantly despite how hard my heart was thumping.

Stay positive. Stay positive. Stay positive.

"Is Adrianna with you?" He asked, his voice shaky.

Shit.

"No." I immediately answered, hoping that the next thing I hear is him telling me where she is.

"I'm serious Kristina; If she's there-"

"Cole she's not here." I interrupted, my knuckles turning white from gripping the sheets and my phone so tightly.

"Cole where is she?" I asked. My voice was carrying the same shakiness that Cole's had earlier when he first spoke.

When my ears were met with silence, I immediately hung up the phone and ran downstairs. Adrianna is out in this world, most likely post mental breakdown and with a mind full of bad intentions.

Alone.

Δ

Adrianna's P.O.V.

I repeatedly banged my head lightly against the brick wall behind me in an attempt to make all the commotion up there quiet down. What I really need to do to make them shut up is to go home and take my medication.

But home isn't home anymore.

The small reminder made a single tear fall down my cheek, but I didn't bother sobbing anymore. Despite my strong desire to, my eyes have dried up and my throat is so rough sandpaper is jealous. I would just end up sounding like a strangled animal; which probably wouldn't be too bad.