27 | White Teeth Teens

"We wouldn't be seen dead here in the day. I guess you're lucky that it's dark now. And if I like it then we'll stay. Impress the empress, take a shot now" - White Teeth Teens

-

I nervously fiddled with my dress which put an amused smile on Kris's face. Of course, she would take amusement in me being uncomfortable. She takes amusement in the weirdest of things.

This is coming from the girl who laughed when she broke her classmate's arm for stealing her sandwich. I was in the fifth grade, I didn't know any better; besides, he made a really funny noise when it happened. And I'm the fucked up one.

"You look fine Adri. It's not that fancy of a place anyway." Kris reassured, patting my knee with the hand she wasn't using to drive. All she got in return from me was a glare.

"I don't understand why we can't just go to Sebastio's. I don't really care about the location that much." I whined, throwing my head back.

Kris decided that me letting her take me on a date is a part of me giving her a chance. When she originally told me this I didn't mind, I thought that it was a great idea. That was because I thought a date was ordering Sebastio's, wearing pajamas and watching a movie.

"Because we always get Sebastio's and this date is supposed to be us doing something different."

All of these rules and regulations that have been coming with this trial have really been bumming me out.

She intertwined her fingers with mine and I glared at the pair of hands. I hate how even though I'm upset at her and want to throw myself off of a cliff, I can still want to hold hands with the loser who makes me feel that way.

When we got to the restaurant, the only thing that I could focus on was the number of cars in the parking lot. If there are a lot of cars in the parking lot, then that means that there are even more people inside the building. This means that there is a much higher chance that someone will say something stupid and I'll end up having to strangle them.

How am I going to be able to eat dinner with blood all over my hands?

"You've got a look on your face and we haven't even left the car yet," Kris noted as she took her key out of the ignition.

To be fair, I always have this look on my face. The great Will Grayson said it best: I'm always in a constant state of either wanting to kill myself or wanting to kill everyone around me.

"Are you sure that you want to take me...here?" I asked with distaste, glancing back at the restaurant.

Kris pouted. "Do you not like Italian?" And there's our first stupid question of the night.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I like Italian Kristina. It's the number of people here that I'm worried about. What if I have a breakdown? I don't want to-"

"You're not going to embarrass me." She reassured me and I glared at her. She didn't need to interrupt me to tell me that.

"Whatever. It's your call." I said, opening my door.

I began to get out of the car, but Kristina's yells of protest were a little distracting. I gave her a small look and sat back in my seat, waiting to hear her excuse for being rude for the fifth time today.

"I'm supposed to open the door for you." She whined, then ran out of the car onto my side and opened the door for me with an expectant smile.

I was tempted to close the door in her face and then open it myself, but then that would make me the rude one and I am determined to be better than Kris. It's basically been my life goal ever since I've met her. I like to think that I'm winning.