30 | Magnets

"I love this secret language that we're speaking. Say it to me, let's embrace the point of no return, let's embrace the point of no return" - Magnets

-

It took Kristina 20 minutes to get to Sebastio's and in those 20 minutes, I still haven't thought of what to tell her. I ran through a couple of ideas such as:

Tell her I ran into the mirrors in the House of Mirrors maze, even though the carnival doesn't come to town for another two months.

Tell her that I dropped a glass of water, even though that wouldn't explain how the glass broke and embedded itself on my face.

Tell her that I tripped and fell into a window, ignoring and breaking every law of physics known to man.

There were a few more that I really thought about saying, but when she walked through the door they all erased from my brain because I realized that I can not lie to Kristina Taylor. I can not lie to the girl I love about what happened to me because the reason I love her is that she is one of the few people who care about what happens to me.

She walked slowly across the empty restaurant (provided by Matthew), without either of us saying anything. She was probably taking in the damage to my face while I was just looking for something to say. It took me 20 minutes to come up with a dozen wrong things to say, I'm going to need a little longer than 30 seconds to figure out the right thing to say.

She sat next to me in the booth, her hand reaching out towards my face but quickly falling back to her side.

"You didn't do this to yourself right?" She whispered quietly, her eyes still raking over my face.

"Not purposefully and you can touch; I can't feel it," I informed her with a slight smile and a tilt of my head. Her eyes widened in concern and I shook my head.

"Adrenaline," I whispered and she sat still for a few moments before slowly nodding.

"I haven't told Cole. I didn't have time. I just wanted to find you and I-"

I placed a small kiss to her lips before pulling away and resting a hand on her cheek. I can tell what's going through her head right now by looking at her facial expression. She doesn't think that this is real. She thinks that I am still wandering the streets alone somewhere.

And if that isn't what's going through her mind, then she's probably thinking that she doesn't want for this to be real. She probably would have preferred to not find her girlfriend sitting in their favorite pizza parlor with glass littered all over her face. She probably may even regret getting involved with me at this point, but that would be too bad because she's stuck with me.

Me and my glass filled face.

"Can you call him for me while we go to your car? As much as I want to torture him, I'd rather him not think I'm dead so that he doesn't send police searching for me." I said smoothly, grabbing Kristina's hand and leading her out of the booth, She was still pretty unresponsive, but by the time we had walked outside she had handed me her ringing phone.

"Kris did you-"

"I am alive and unwell. Not that you would care because you're probably too busy taking care of Tabitha."

"Adri I-"

"I don't care Cole. Goodbye." I spoke before ending the call.

Was that rude? Yes. Was it disrespectful? Very. Did he deserve it? Completely.

Kristina opened my door for me and I stepped in with a polite smile. When she got into her side of the car she was silent and she was silent for a lot of the ride too. She decided to speak when we were about 10 minutes from her house.