16 | Million Dollar Bills

"We can leave the house, lead the party, let the people know" - Million Dollar Bills

-

Cole showed up ten minutes later and then took me home. He gave me a weird look when I got into the car, but I ignored it. This was what he wanted, wasn't it? For me to smile? I swear, he is so emotionally bipolar.

"I'm sorry for taking so long, work-"

"Who is she?" I interrupted, looking over at him.

This isn't the first, second, or third time that Cole has spent extra time at work these past few months; we were definitely well over the tenth time. Cole doesn't have a lot of friends, and the ones he did have, he would've just brought them home and hung out with them. His job wasn't the most fun, definitely not fun enough for him to want to spend more time there. The only reason Cole would stay out and not come home was if he wanted to hang out with someone he planned on doing a little bit more than hanging out with.

Cole doesn't bring girls back home, because he knew I'd probably end up throwing a fit and scaring them away. I didn't like the thought of another girl potentially taking Cole away. He was the only one who actually cared. There was no way I was letting some random girl trail in and steal him from me.

Cole looked taken back, and his grip tightened on the steering wheel. "Just some girl from work, I just met her."

I watched him with a smile and shrugged. Contrary to my usual worries though, I couldn't honestly care less what Cole did with his mystery girl right now. I feel like I'm on top of the world.

I told you that Kris is good for us. If you're looking for a "thank you", you're not going to get one. That's cool, but I may say I told you so later; right now I'm worried about Cole. What about him? I think that he's lying to you. I don't care, besides he would never do that. Adrianna, he's lying to you. I don't care, I'm on top of the world. Adrianna. I'm on top of the world.

"That's cool," I responded, then turned towards the window.

I felt his eyes on me, and I just rolled my eyes. His eyes should really be on the road.

"And how was your day at school today?" He asked slowly, and I turned back towards him.

"Absolutely terrible. As usual." There was nothing good about the school day. I had a headache for the entire time after lunch, and before that school was just boring. There will never be anything good about school. I mean, after this afternoon seeing Kris would be cool, but I will never want to go to school. Not when there is the possibility to either be dead or at Sebastio's with Kristina.

"Then why are you so...happy?" Wrong word.

"Content." I quickly corrected, then continued. "And because I've had revelations about Kris. She keeps me content and she's very understanding." Translation: She likes my scars.

"That's great Adri..." Here comes the but "But you've only known her for a few weeks. Don't you think that it's a little soon to be making that kind of conclusion."

"I don't think that at all." I immediately shot back. I feel the need to defend Kris now. She is the only person who has ever called my scars beautiful. She still wants to be my friend, even after finding out that I hurt myself; she still wants to be more than my friend. I'm still not sure if I am ready for something like that, but Kris has definitely earned the right to be defended.

"Well, then you wouldn't mind telling Tabitha that tomorrow right? You remember that you have to go-"

"I don't have to. You want me to." I snapped back glaring at him. There goes my good mood.