19: Anirudh and the board of monitors

Everything was blurry around me in confusion. I speculated, Chetna and Rahul were in love. Chetna was undead and Rahul was a normal human. One day they came into Woods, suddenly she slipped and kissed him as she couldn't control herself, that's how he died.
I turned towards Anirudh " Chetna told you after she killed rahul?"

He nodded,. " She came to me and told me about how accidentally she killed him , I told her to accept this mistake and found his body but she didn't so I found his body. After that Nikhil suggested her to disappear and never come back here and we thought she disappeared but last year when minnie incident happened in dinning room, we got the hint of her death"

" What was the fight about?"

" Nikhil didn't like my suggestion that I gave to chetna but after seeing what she was capable of doing to whom she loved, I was afraid of myself and I moved off campus, to protect the school from me"

" That's why Nikhil had the file's?"

" I don't know, I've been following him all year as you know, and after you found those files in his room, I think he's involved in it!"

" You're a nice person" I said in soft voice.

" I'm not" he said

I gave him him a look " I'm not afraid of death"

But I was afraid of losing people I loved. There was still a question, who killed Alina and chetna?

Anirudh and I spent every night evening together and his "condition" brought us more closer than ever. There were no secrets between us anymore which made us more comfortable with each other. It was like , you are exploring an old mansion and discovering thing's that were always there but you never noticed. The more I learned about undead, the more I grew to accept who he was and started living with this.

Next week, when I went back to green zone to meet him. He was standing by the stone pillar. Before I could ask where we were going , he took my hand and led me to the centre of the campus . It was cold evening.

" How old are you?' I asked, standing near a tree.

" Seventeen" he replied

" I mean, the real age"

He looked at the sky, " It's my sixteenth year of being seventeen"

I slipped away a lock of my hair.
" How did you die?" I asked

" I drowned" he said, " it was summer, we were on the trip at sea-side, I saw a girl drowning. I went into the water to save her and I did save her but as I bent to came outside from the water suddenly a big wave came and all I saw was a plane crash at the sea side where my parents were sitting and that's how they died. And I drowned and I flown with water somewhere"

" I'm sorry" I said in lower tone

" No, it's a long ago" he said

" So, since you weren't buried, you reanimate? How it feels like?"

" close your eyes" he said

I closed them, he tied something around my eyes, a scarf. And he took off my jacket.

" What are you doing?"

" Trust me"

I began to shiver, after few minutes, my fingers started to go numb in the cold. My nose began to run, my lips felt dry. Without being able to see the world around me felt like all the sounds of nature blurred into soundless noises.

" This is what it feels like, I can't feel anything, I can't taste anything, I can't smell, I can't hear music--just noise. Even my vision is different, I can see things but it's like I'm colour blind, everything is same but muted."