18: first talk after the revelation:-)

It was mid January, Dheeraj dropped me back to the scofflish. I went back to my room, where I saw Alina was sitting on her bench.

" So you're back, how was your holidays? " she asked.

" Not like what I thought it would be " I replied

" How was your's? " I asked.

" Same"

" Are you alright now? You know how much I missed you, and what had happened that day? How did you disappeared? "

" You know, please don't tell this to anyone. On the 'out day' I went to the library to meeting with Sahil. Actually last semester I was secretly dating him"

" What? Why didn't you tell me? "

" It's just I wanted it to be a secret and you already had so many things that you were dealing with "

" So what actually happened? "

" After meeting with him, I tried to sneak into the dorm through basement but just after I stepped inside someone locked the door and then I tried to climb into the chimney but suddenly I heard four loud bangs of hammer and water came rushing in from somewhere in the ceiling. I screamed but nobody heard as the water voice was more louder than mine and one day I woke up and climbed out"

" So, It was sahil behind this?"

" No, he wasn't". " Now tell me about you and Anirudh "

I thought , should I tell her about what I've found? I said in low voice " The book... Anirudh is.... " I lost in my thoughts.

She Shook my hand ,
" Hey? Bon, what are you thinking? You were saying something like book and Anirudh? "

" Actually nothing, let's go to the classes, we are getting late "

When I was walking through the hallway to join my philosophy class, I saw Anirudh was standing outside the room.

" Hey bondita, why won't you talk to me? " He asked

I gave him an angry look with tears in my eyes and kept walking.

He grabbed my arm, unprepared for the coldness of his skin, I pulled my arm away and stared him as if he was stranger. For a small moment our eyes met, and a flicker of understanding passed between us.

" Bon, Bon, please " he said as I turned to go.

" Just listen to me, talk to me. I've been trying to call -----" but I was already gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" so, how are you? " Barun asked, as we sat in the classroom.

" Nothing, just they switched me out from horticulture to something called elementary advanced tongues" Alina answered.

" It's latin, I was in that last year " Barun said, I gave him a quizzical look. Was he undead too? His skin was cold, his senses were terrible, he was smart.

" Great " Alina said.

I had been trying to understand if Alina knew that she was undead. So far, the conclusion was no.

It was last period and when I got to geography class. He was already sitting on our bench. Without a word, I sat next to him, trying to keep my eyes on the board.

Anirudh turned to me "Bondita, I meant to tell you, but every time I tried, something always interrupt -------" Ironically, before he could finish, the bell rang and professor entered into the classroom and started to explain about human and earth.