21: Anidita: one soul, two bodies ❤️

We both fell through the caution tape into the deep, dusty hole.

With a painful cry, I pulled the wood log from my stomach and opened my eyes. I was lying in a mound of soil.

" Anirudh" my voice echoed through the hollow darkness as I dug through the dirt and felt his arm beside me.

" Anirudh" brushing the soil off of him, I took him in my arms and tried to wake him.

" We are underground", I whispered. " What do I do?"

He was barely conscious. Gaining up the courage, I wiped the dirt from my face and stood.

" Don't worry " I said, trying to pick him up. " I am going to get us out of here "
I tried many times but I couldn't lift him. Sinking to the ground, I wrapped my hands around his neck and covered my face in his shirt.

" Anirudh, Please wake up" I said , crying. " I am not strong enough to carry you out "

His lips moved. I watched them as they parted slowly, taking in a faint breath. " I couldn't just sit here and watch him die". I said to myself.

I knew what I had to do.

People always use the phrase. " We are one soul and two bodies" and it looks beautiful , but when it comes out to be a reality, not just a phrase in some book, it doesn't look beautiful or romantic at all. because you know that one has to die. The only way of saving him was to giving him my soul. I was gonna die , but the realisation of death just made me feel more alive. I took one last look at the world. I let my eyes travel across him , one Last time. This is what it meant to feel: realising that part of the life when everything around you could be taken away. I loved him! already thinking in past tense. I love him , this would be my goodbye. I lifted my hand to his cheek, touching his cold skin last time, and I pulled him towards me, until my lips touched his.

" I love you" I said.

And I gave him a kiss. A real kiss. Because if I had anything left to give, I wanted to give it .

Suddenly I felt his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me toward him with a force that I had never experienced before. The air escaped from my lungs. I gasped and grabbed the grass and the world around me faded away. I collapsed on the grass slowly I felt all of my warmth leaving my body as if it were being pulled from my mouth like a thin air and as it left me, all of my memories began to unravel. Scenes from a previous life flashed through my mind and then vanished. I grew weak, my breathing became thin and then suddenly I woke up.

I was outside the girls dormitory, lying on the grass. It was night time.

Was I dead? I wasn't sure. I stood up but didn't feel the same. It felt like I had been lying there for hour's. I was wearing clothes that wasn't mine, wait... I was about to examine them when I heard some movement around the side of the building the soft padding of footsteps against the ground , quickly I hid behind the tree and waited. But the person who emerged wasn't the principal or Geeta Mam, It was me. I was in my coat I looked pretty, I thought. Unable to control my mouth, I uttered one word

" Bondita"

She turned to me, her look of surprise changing into relief and she pulled me behind the building!

" I look for you everywhere. where were you? Are you ok ?"

The words came out from my mouth before I could realised what I was saying they were the same words that Anirudh had said to me earlier that night. My past self was standing in front of me , saying something about the board of monitors but I wasn't listening I already knew what she was going to say instead, I stared at her with affection that I could never have felt towards myself. I realised, I wasn't reliving my life, I was reliving Anirudh's.