8: The night of 31 October ♥️

Finally, It was the day 31 October, at night 10:00PM Alina told me to not wear school code dress but any casual dress , so I wear my pajamas and a simple t-shirt.

" Where are we going?" I asked.

" You don't have to be worry. Just come with me and when we'll reach there I'll tell you everything" she said in hurry.

" You know that it's not in our rule book. What if someone see us? I asked.

" I told you, you don't need to worry. There's a secret way. We'll go from the chimney" she said.

" How can we do this? I've never done this before"
" Just do as I do. Come follow me"

I did as she did. It was all dark inside the chimney and we climbed to the up to the fourth floor. We reached there in some time, It was sonam's room who was a part of board monitor's. Her room was lit by candlelight. Seven candles were positioned in a broken circle on the floor, seven girls were there.

Alina wiped her hands, " Are we the last ones?" ,
She asked, lighting our candles and placing them on the floor with the other's.

Simran nodded. Simran was sonam's roommate.

Alina introduced me to everyone,. " This is bondita. She's my roommate"

Sonam gave a fake smile. " We know who she is." Sonam bent her face towards me and said " The principal is always talking about you . She says you're one of the best students in your horticulture."

I gave her a confused look. I had not met the principal, how could she be talking about me?

" And she's dating Anirudh" Alina said. And everyone looked at me with curiosity.

" Really?" Sonam asked

I blushed, " We're not dating. We are just friends"

" She's being shy. Anirudh is so obsessed with her. He's even tutoring her in geography" Alina said.

" That's not true. I mean he's tutoring me because I am bad at it.

" And you shouldn't be so sure that you and Anirudh are just friends," Simran said.

" Okay, Is everyone ready?" Sonam said.

She opened a book titled 'talking to the dead ' and began the instructions. " Sit in a circular position , a candle in front of each person, forming two concentric circles"

It took me few seconds to realise what we were doing.
" A seance? Really? " I said.

I asked Alina about it , she said " It's the only way of finding about Rahul's suicide and you can also try to talk to your parents"

Sonam passed a pair of scissors and we each cut off a lock of hair and held it over the flame of our candle until it ignited.

" We'll pick our own objects" Simran said.

" The first object you'll choose should be someone who you know. You must visualise your object. Repeat it's name in your head. Then once you hear it's voice in your ear, silently speak your questions" Sonam explained.

I closed my eyes and thought about my parents. I tried to imagine my mom and dad. But their images faded away. Sitting here with other girls, I felt so far away from my parents. I opened my eyes and looked around the circle, everyone had their eyes shut. I shut my eyes again and tried to focus on my parents but it kept darkening, becoming overshadowed by the one person who I couldn't get out of my head since coming to scofflish. Anirudh.
I was thinking about him. Where was he right now? Probably in his room sleeping or reading. I wondered if he was thinking of me too.