New Girl In Town (Chapter 1)

(A/N: This is my first time writing a Ducktales fic and also using different POVs so sorry if the changes are a little too jarring. Also, sorry if this sucks)

(April 9th 2014)

Fenton's POV:

It was an early September morning when Fenton spotted a moving van out front of the house next door to his.

"I wonder who's moving in next door.", Fenton wondered aloud.

"Well, they better have better manners than those moving guys they hired!", his mother exclaimed.
Obviously something went down with those moving guys and M'ma but instead he decided he would give a short greeting to whoever was moving next door to be polite before he had to dash off to work. He casually strolled towards the front porch of the newly occupied house, looking for the new owner. In doing so, he ended up tripping over one of the smaller boxes and catching the attention of the person he was looking for: the new owner.

Liz's POV:

Liz heard a thud and some pained groaning up the path to the porch and ran to see what had happened, assuming one of the moving guys dropped something on their feet again. Instead, she was surprised to see a guy about her age struggling to get up after seemingly tripped over one of the boxes.

I really gotta hire better moving guys next time, she thought to herself before extending her arm out to help up the guy.

"I am so sorry about that! Those moving guys really are the laziest things.", she apologised as she helped him up.

Fenton's POV:

Fenton was struggling to get up to his feet again before he met his new neighbour but instead was met with surprise when he saw the most beautiful duck he'd ever met standing before him and extending her arm out to help him up. She had short black hair and a fairly pale and even pinkish beak and she was wearing blue jeans and a turquoise t-shirt.

"I am so sorry!", she apologised, "Those moving guys really are the laziest things. Here, let me help you."

She helped him up, picked up the box and put it back in the truck.

"Again, I am so sorry about that! I'm Liz, by the way. In case you couldn't tell, I'm moving in here.", she told him.

"It's no problem. I actually live right next door! My name's Fenton! It's nice to meet you, Liz.", he politely replied.

"The pleasure's all mine, Fenton! And I'm glad I'm getting to know my neighbours so quickly! I hope we can be good friends!", she told him as she shook his hand excitedly, "I'm sorry, I'm not coming on too strong, am I? It's just that I wanna make friends as quickly as I can because I hate not having people around but I don't wanna scare them off either. God, look at me! Now I'm practically telling you my life story and you only just told me your name!"

"Oh no, it's fine!", Fenton reassured her, "I think oversharing is the best way to get to know someone so you can become friends as soon as possible!"

"You're quite the genius, aren't you?", Liz remarked, "I bet you're a scientist for McDuck labs or something, right?"

"Actually yes! I suppose one would call me an inventor!", He told her.

"Woah! So you make cool gizmos and gadgets that can do all sorts of awesome stuff?" She asked.

"That's right! I think my inventions might change the world!", he exclaimed.

"That's amazing! Mind if I come over tonight and check them out?", Liz proposed.