Darkwing Dorks (Chapter 5)

(September 25th, 2017)

(A/N: This is the chapter where the bond between superfans of a show from the 90s begins. This is where the friendship of Lizpad was born. Also this means the character in question is singing)

Liz's POV:

Liz was over at the mansion to hang out with Louie and watch Ottoman Empire but, being the awkward and nervous thing that she was, she was terrified to touch anything. She was terrified to even go to the kitchen to get Pep when she and Louie ran out. A while later, she had to go to the bathroom but on her way, she heard something way to familiar to her: The Darkwing Duck intro. She started looking around to try and find the source of it and eventually found herself sticking her head out one of the second floor windows and looking down at the family's driver, Launchpad, while he was buffing out dents on the limo while jamming out to the intro.

"Darkwing Duck! When there's trouble, you call DW!", Launchpad sang.

"DARKWING DUUUUUCK!", Liz sang out the window, causing Launchpad to jump.
He paused the song and started looking around for what the sound came from so Liz waved from the window.

"Up here!", she called out, "I didn't know you were a DW fan!"

"I didn't know you were either! Wait, who are you again?", he asked.

"Hold that thought!", she called back as she closed the window and ran down the stairs.

"Whoo!", she panted, "That is a lot of stairs! Anyway, hi! I'm Liz, Louie's friend. And you're Launchpad, right?"

"How'd you know my name?!", Launchpad asked, surprised.

"Relax! Dewey just talks about you sometimes.", Liz told him.

"Dewey talks about me? Sweet! Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Liz!", he replied.

"It's even nicer to meet a fellow Darkwing fan!", she looked into the car and saw that Launchpad had a bobble head Darkwing Duck figurine, "Oh my gosh! You even have a limited edition bobble head! My dad would never let me get that!", she realised what she'd blurted out and quickly covered her mouth.

"Your dad? How old are you?", Launchpad asked

"I'm 23! I just meant when I was younger, my dad would never let me buy something like that.", Liz explained.

"Oh right."

"Just thinking out loud here but you don't happen to have the Darkly Dawns the Duck comic series editions 1-5, do you?", Liz asked.

"Actually, I do! But I never got my hands on editions 6-15.", Launchpad told her.

"Sweet! I've got editions 6-10!", she told him.

He looked at her confused as if she'd just stated something completely random.

"So, we can put our editions together and then we'll nearly have the entire collection!", she explained.

"Ohh. Yeah, that makes sense!", Launchpad realised.

"Maybe next time I come over here, I could bring them!", Liz suggested.

"That sounds great! We could be like Darkwing buddies!", he exclaimed

"Launchpad," Liz said in a serious tone, "That is literally the best idea I've ever heard. We can be Darkwing Dorks!"

(Sorry if this chapter's a little short as well but I want to focus on the next chapter which is going to be quite serious like the last one. Once again, hope you enjoyed)