Where Fun is in the Zone (Chapter 2)

(A/N: This chapter is where Liz meets Louie and Gladstone. Sorry if it's not that important to the Liz/Fenton story but I just thought it would be good to flesh out the character a little more. Also sorry if it sucks or is too short)

Liz's POV:

After a couple weeks of looking for a job, Liz was hired at a Starducks not too far from her house and a kids fast-food place called Funzo's Funzone on the pier. It was far from glamourous but it would suffice as of then. In the mornings, she would walk with Fenton to Starducks, start her shift, have a small chat with him until it was time for him to go to his job at the bin. Around midday, she'd start her shift at Funzo's as a waitress.

(November 7th, 2015)

One Saturday at Funzo's, she saw a family of five walking in, all being male. One was an agitated looking duck who was wearing a sailor outfit, another was a very attractive goose who was wearing a green suit and vest, and the other three were young ducks dressed in different coloured clothing and going to the three different sections of the restaurant. The one wearing blue ran straight towards the arcade, the one wearing red jumped headfirst into the ball pit while holding his hat, and the one wearing green casually walked towards the restaurant with the goose walking beside him.

"Welcome to Funzo's, folks! How can I-", Liz got cut off by the kid.

"You can cut the fake excitement. Don't worry, I'm a regular here.", he nudged the goose, "I'm Louie. Be a doll and get us a couple of water cups?"

Liz rolled her eyes, "Sure thing. Name's Liz, by the way."

The goose smirked at her, "Name's Gladstone. Gladstone Gander."

Liz blushed a little, "I'll get those water cups for you."

She came back with water cups for the guys. "Here you go. Two water cups for the gentlemen."

Louie took the cups while Gladstone took Liz's hand.

"Y'know, I was quite surprised when I saw your face.", Gladstone told her.

"What do you mean?", Liz smirked.

"Normally, the kinda people working at a place like this are sad, middle-aged people or squeaky voiced, zit covered teenagers.", he replied, "And I got taken for quite a surprise when I found you here."

"Aren't you a charmer?", Liz replied, "Y'know, I could hook you up with some free tokens as long as my boss doesn't find out."

"Aren't you a dear?", Gladstone replied, mimicking what she said earlier.

She hooked them up with some free tokens and for the rest of the day, Gladstone and Liz really hit it off.

~Timeskip once again brought to you by Funzo's Funzone: Where fun is in the zone!~

She met up with him and the rest of the gang on the pier when her shift ended.
"Hiya guys!", She called out to them as she glided towards them on her roller skates and grabbed onto the railing to slow herself down.

"Wow, graceful on your feet and roller skates. Is there anything you can't do?", Gladstone rhetorically asked.

"I actually started learning how to roller skate when my sister went off to college-... Um, ever since then, I've been really light on my feet, with or without wheels.", she told him.

The rest of the afternoon, they went all around the pier doing all sorts of cool things. She learned how they were related to each other and got to know each of the three boys, especially Louie, and by the time they reached the beach and started walking around there, even Louie was trying to set her up with his uncle. She arranged to meet Gladstone at the pier again next week for a date.

That night, Liz went home feeling great about herself, as well as insanely giddy. She was so excited, she texted Fenton to come over.

Liz: heyy
Liz: youll never believe how lucky i got today!

Fenton: What happened?

Liz: i got a date with this really cute, charming guy named Gladstone!
Liz: we're going out next week!

Fenton didn't reply for a while.

Liz: U ok?

Fenton: No Im fine
Fenton: Sorry I just had to help M'ma w/ something

Liz: no worries
Liz: wish me luck for next week

Fenton's POV:

It was no secret to himself that Fenton had a huge crush on Liz but there was no way he could let her know. He was just her friend and it had to stay that way. There was no way in a million years she would fall in love with someone like him. She was so beautiful and sweet and supportive and he was... him. But that wouldn't stop him pining for her though. Which is what made him so sad when she told him she was going on a date with a guy who was cute and charming. Two things (he thought) he was not. He couldn't help but turn green with jealousy. He knew these thoughts and feelings were completely irrational but he couldn't help it. He was far too deep in love to help it.

(A/N: I know this chapter was pretty short and I'm sorry about it but I guess it's just writers block or something and I can't come up with much more to write in this. Sorry)