Daddy Issues (Chapter 4)

(A/N: This is continuing straight where the last chapter left off so Liz and Fenton are still texting)

Fenton's POV:

Liz kid: arent u just the sweetest

Fender bender: Im serious
Fender bender: He shouldnt make you feel bad about yourself just because you didn't do the best in school
Fender bender: He shouldnt even care about that

Liz kid: dont worry about it
Liz kid: i didnt mean to drag u into my daddy issues

Fender bender: You didnt
Fender bender: Im just worried about you

Liz kid: youve got work early in the morning
Liz kid: id love to keep talking but i dont wanna keep u up

Fender bender: Liz wait
Fender bender: We should talk about this
Fender bender: Liz?

She didn't reply for the rest of the night.

Liz's POV:

In the morning, Liz met up with Fenton for their usual morning walks when he brought up something she hoped he would forget about.

He asked, "I don't mean to intrude-"

She cut him off, "Please, we've been best friends for nearly four years now! You couldn't intrude if you tried!"

"That's a relief." He sighed, "But I wanted to ask you why your dad wants you to marry rich guys."

"Oh." Her face fell, "I suppose I do owe you an explanation but you might wanna sit down for this. It's a long story."

They found a nearby bench and Fenton waited for Liz to start telling him.

"Okay. So, my family has always been very rich and powerful. My father is probably the poster boy for our whole family. Which is why, when he had kids, he wanted them to hold the Feathers name with pride and be just like him. Of course, my sister Angie always made him proud. She was always top of her class in everything, especially in economics. He thought that her amazing Feathers gene came from him. Which is why he would've been happy with just Angie...
I was an accident. They didn't even mean to have me. I was a mistake. What made it even worse was that my mom fell sick after she had me and... she never recovered. I was a baby so I didn't even know what was happening but I knew something bad had happened. When I found out years later, I felt horrible. I was the reason my mom died and I wasn't even meant to exist.", Liz felt tears running down her face and onto her beak so she quickly wiped them away,
"That was why I got so obsessed with Darkwing Duck. No matter how bad things got or how hopeless things seemed, he always got back up again. My mom's death was also why I tried my best to be like Angie. I studied hard, I gave it my all in every class, I joined all the clubs that she did in hopes of making my father proud. Maybe this mistake could redeem herself. But even then, I still failed. I got terrible grades. I remember when my first report card of middle school came back, all I saw was Bs, Cs and Ds. I dreaded showing dad my report card that night. So I never did. That was the beginning of the end.
I started skipping classes, sneaking out to go to concerts and taking the car out for joy rides. When dad would start lecturing me about how irresponsible I was being, I'd just start listening to the old Powerline cassettes Angie left me when she went to college. For so long, it felt like my best friends were Powerline and Darkwing Duck.
When it was finally time for the SATs, I prayed I'd get into a good college. I studied for hours and hours in a last ditch effort to finally make my dad proud of me... I didn't get in. Not one. I finally came to terms with the fact that no matter how hard I tried, no matter how hard I worked, no matter how many hours I worked my fingers to the bone, nothing would make him proud of me.  

That was when we came up with the 'marry rich' plan. Since both me and my dad knew I'd never make something of myself on my own, we decided I'd move to Duckburg and find a young, single, rich entrepreneur who was interested in me and I'd marry him within a year. So, yeah, that's why my dad wants me to marry rich."

Fenton said nothing for a while. He just stared back at her in disbelief.

He finally said something, "I-I... I can't believe that-... I didn't even know-..."

Before he could finish his sentence, he quickly hugged her, resting his head on her shoulder. It surprised Liz, to say the least but after a couple seconds, she hugged back.

"No one except Angie knows that about me.", she whispered, "I'm glad I finally told someone else." They pulled out of the hug and looked at each other.

"Never forget that you can tell me anything, Liz.", he told her.

"Thank you.", she stood up, "We better get going to work now. I don't wanna be late for my first day as Mark Beaks' personal assistant. Yeah, all that happened just last night!"

"Wow, you're good.", Fenton joked.

"I know.", Liz joked back.

After that day, Liz and Fenton got even closer. They weren't just best friends who joked around together. They were best friends who could tell the other anything, so matter what. She even ended up telling him why her beak was so pale. There were no such thing as secrets between them.

(A/N: Oof! That was long! I'm sorry if that was wayyy to much to read or was just too much exposition but now you know Liz's origin story. Hope you enjoyed)