Don't (Chapter 8)

(A/N: This takes place after the episode "Who is Gizmoduck?!" Also, there's gonna be a certain song from a certain musical in it. When it's being sung, it'll follow the logic of an actual musical (as in it'll be treated like they're just speaking normally but they're actually singing) so... hope everything makes sense. Also, I don't own anything except this story.)

Liz's POV:

It was a few days after the whole "Beaks = Gizmoduck" incident happened and needed to talk to Mark in person. She decided that no matter how disappointed her father would be in her, she had to leave him because of what he did to Gizmoduck. It was the last straw. She couldn't stay with someone who treated a superhero like an errand boy. She called him on her phone and heard him say his usual greeting for her.

"'Sup, princess? I didn't see you at work today."

She cringed at the nickname. She always hated that nickname. It made her feel like she was his prisoner (even more so than usual).

She sighed before saying what she needed to, "Hey, Mark. We need to talk. In person."

"This again? I thought we already talked about that.", he whined.

"Could you at least try and take this seriously?", she sternly asked.

"Ugh, fine.", he reluctantly agreed, "So are you gonna meet me at a coffee shop or what?"

"Actually, I wanna do this in private. I want you to meet me at my house.", she awkwardly told him.

"Alright? I'll see you at your house, I guess?"

She hung up and waited for him to get there. When he did, she saw him tweeting while on his hoverboard.

Ugh, typical.

"Hey.", she said, avoiding eye-contact with him.

He tried riding his hoverboard in there but she stepped in front of him.

"Actually, could you just leave that outside?", she asked.

"Alright, but don't blame me if it gets stolen."

She rolled her eyes so much, she nearly saw the back of her head. He got off the hoverboard and stepped inside. Liz lead him into the living room where they sat down.

"So, you wanted to tell everyone about what happened with Project Ta-da again? No one even cares anymore!", Mark scoffed.

"It's not about that. Mark, the reason you didn't see me at work today was because I resigned."

"What?", he asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. My desk is empty and Aubrey's taken over."

"Who's Aubrey?"

"My co-assistant. Ugh, you'd know who she is if you actually bothered to get to know the people who work for you. Y'know, like a good CEO?", Liz agitatedly replied.

Mark got up off the couch, "Hey, you can't tell me what a good CEO would act like! And it's not like you could ever be a CEO and founder of a company, let alone a good one! You didn't even go to college!", He berated her.

In the heat of the moment, Liz couldn't hold it back anymore. She stood up as well and shouted out, "Ugh! I can't believe you! This is why I'm breaking up with you!"

The room fell silent. Mark stared at her in disbelief.

"Wh-what?", he quietly asked, "Why?"

"This. All of this. This is why I can't be with you anymore.", Liz gestured to both of them.