Aftermath of an Internship (Chapter 6)

(October 22nd, 2017)

(A/N: This chapter takes place directly after The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks. So hopefully, everything falls into place and all that)

Liz's POV:

Liz had more fun nearly getting imprisoned in a mystical casino in Macaw with her ex than when she'd spend quality time with Mark. That was a red flag outright.
But Liz just found out that her boyfriend and possibly husband-to-be was actually a sleazy con artist in a sleek, white and blue disguise and had just scammed hundreds of people into funding a project that wasn't even real. That was way more than a red flag.
She just couldn't believe she fell for someone who'd lie to so many people just to become a billionaire. Sure, Louie would pull of minor con schemes here and there but he was just a kid and he wasn't outright stealing from people. But Mark was a grown adult doing something that terrible. She had to say something.

Princess❤️️: Hey
Princess
❤️️: We need to talk

Beaksy: Fire away babe

Princess❤️️: I think we should talk over the phone.

She called him.

"What's happening, my princess?", Mark asked.

"I wanted to talk about what happened on the roof yesterday. With Project Ta-da.", Liz uncomfortably told him.

"Hey, there's no need to worry about it! I had that whole thing taken care of! Those kids won't say anything and if they did, no one would believe them anyway!", he tried to reassure her.

"No, I meant why did you lie about Project Ta-da?", She asked.

"Didn't I say? It was so I'd finally become a billionaire and those old, rich, fuddy-duddies would take me seriously!", he exclaimed.

"But you were lying to people. You were conning them out of hundreds, even thousands of dollars for something that didn't even exist!", she exclaimed.

"So? Doesn't that kid you hang out with do that all the time?", he scoffed.

"Tha-that's not the point. He's just a kid and he's not stealing from people!"

"What are you gonna do, tell people?", he rhetorically asked.

"Yes. Yes, I am."

(A/N: When things are like this it means it's Liz's thoughts)

"You beautiful idiot. I can think of a few good reasons you should absolutely not do that. Number one! I have a feeling you wouldn't be too happy about going back to that greasy little playpen at the pier just to barely earn enough to live."

He's right, you know. I can't throw away my first actual good job. But what about integrity?

"Number two! I also have a hunch your dad wouldn't be to proud of you when he finds out his daughter threw away her only chance to be well-off."

Dad. I can't break up with Mark. Not after everything I worked so hard for. He'd hate me. I can't let him down again.

"Number three! Even if you are somehow okay with all of that, would it really be worth it to only have a couple of people believe you? It's your choice, Liz. Everything you worked so hard to get, your only chance to finally make your father proud and to spend the rest of your life with someone who cares about you... or your integrity?", he said the last part in a mocking tone.

With a heavy heart and holding back her tears, Liz sighed and made her decision.

"Nobody needs to know."

"That's right, princess. You made the right choice. I do care about you. You know that. I'm doing this because I care about you.", Mark's words practically taunted her but there was no going back no. She was trapped.

(A/N: This chapter was pretty short but I think I did a fairly good job with it. I'd love to know what you guys think (this is my way of begging you to leave comments. please leave comments). Like last time, I hope you enjoyed)