My Hero in Robotic Armour (Chapter 7)

(A/N: This takes place just after Beware the B.U.D.D.Y System)

(May 11th, 2018)

Liz's POV:

Launchpad had just driven everyone back from the Waddle driving course and as soon as they pulled up in the garage, Liz went running through the bin to tell Fenton about all the crazy stuff that happened, specifically about that incredible hero who just flew up out of nowhere and saved everyone: Gizmoduck. She finally found him and surprised him by running up to him while yelling his name and hugging his back!

"Fenton!," She exclaimed, "You'll never believe what happened to us after you left! Launchpad and I were trying to get Dewey out of the car but when we nearly crashed, this-this superhero came out of nowhere and swooped in and saved us!"

Fenton's POV:

Fenton smiled, seeing Liz so excited about the hero she didn't know was standing right before his eyes.

"He was called Gizmoduck! Oh, he was incredible! He was my angelic android, my robot rescuer!", she sighed, "Gizmoduck, my knight in robotic armour!"

That last part made Fenton blush.
Could Liz be in love with Gizmoduck?

~Timeskip brought to you by Oxi-chew (don't get the liquorice flavour)~

For the next few months, Liz would be unable to talk about anything except Gizmoduck. She'd continuously apologise for doing so but Fenton would always be okay with it, because she was inadvertently talking about how amazing he was. It was the happiest he'd seen Liz in quite a long time (due to what had happened with Mark) and it made him so happy seeing her once again her excitable and joyful self again.
She even made an Gizmoduck fan account on Instagram where she would post pictures and livestream his battles but not before timidly asking for his permission by writing a note and leaving it in a park for him to read while she watched from a bush.

(A/N: I couldn't think of an alternative name for Instagram so it's just staying like that)

Of course, Fenton found it both hilarious and adorable and of course he played along, also Gyro threatened to scrap the entire Gizmoduck project if he told any more people that he was Gizmoduck. And thank goodness Gyro didn't even have any idea about the Gizmoduck Instagram account.

Liz's POV:

For the next few months, all Liz could even think about was Gizmoduck and what fiendish villain he was going to defeat next. It wasn't long before she realised she had a monster of a crush on him but she could never tell a soul because she was still dating Mark.
Yes, it was a poor choice but after sacrificing her integrity with the whole Project Ta-da fiasco, she couldn't break up with him at that point. She was in too deep.
Besides, Gizmoduck was a wonderful distraction from her poor excuse of a "relationship" with Mark. Gizmoduck made her feel like herself again. Sure, the occasional adventure stories from Launchpad and Dewey were always great but they only lasted so long. Her excitement over Gizmoduck could keep her awake until 2 in the morning! She just couldn't get over the fact that, in that huge city where you'd only find a few good people like diamonds in the rough, there was someone out there who was willing to put his own life at risk for the safety of others and how selfless, brave and heroic that was. She just couldn't help falling for him. She even started singing songs she liked to herself again.
She sometimes felt a little embarrassed when she would fangirl over Gizmoduck in front of Fenton but he always told her it was fine and he always seemed alright with it so she kept doing it anyway.

(Sorry if this was a little short as well but I hope it at least provided some exposition on what was happening in the period of time between "Beware the B.U.D.D.Y System!" and "Who is Gizmoduck?!". As ever, I hope you enjoyed)