Eternity With You (Chapter 16)

(A/N: This is gonna be an extra long chapter also sorry if it kinda drags on for the first half. I just needed to do some exposition.)

Liz's POV:

It was exactly a month until the wedding when Liz's sister and father came to stay in Duckburg to help plan the wedding. Being the well-planning and budget-checking businesswoman her sister was, Angie was happily given the reins by Liz after the first few days of looking over their plan. It was vague to say the least. She helped them shape their insane fantasy dream wedding into a beautiful, humble wedding that was to be held at a local chapel with Storkules officiating it.

A few disagreements happened between Liz's dad and Angie because Angie wanted to keep it simple with only a couple pre-wedding events but her dad wanted everything for Liz. Liz tried stepping in and telling her dad that she was okay with just either a small bachelorette party or a small bridal shower, mostly because they were one in the same to her and she didn't want her dad wasting his money on them. In the end, they compromised with a small engagement party. And Liz knew just the place to hold it.

"Hey, Lena!"

"Liz. What's up?", Lena asked.

"Y'know, the usual, planning the happiest day of my life. Um, speaking of which, I have a little favour to ask.", she said.

"Lay it on me.", Lena replied.

"Y'know that old amphitheater you used to live in?", she asked

"Yeah...?"

"Could we maybe, I don't know, use it for our engagement party?... And our wedding reception?", Liz asked, praying for the best.

"Of course you could!", she told her.

"Oh thank god!", Liz sighed.

"Were you really that worried about asking me for permission to host a party somewhere I don't even own?", Lena scoffed.

"Yeah, I guess it was pretty dumb of me to be that nervous.", Liz laughed at herself.

"Anyway, let me know when it is. I'll be there!", she said.

"Sure thing!", she heard another dispute, most likely to do with the flowers again, coming from downstairs, "Sorry, I gotta go."

Liz rushed downstairs and broke up the dispute once again.

Another thing that was on Liz's mind was Fenton. She was happy letting Angie take the reins but was a little disappointed that she always had to settle the disputes and everything and she understood that Fenton had his duty to fulfil as Gizmoduck and protect the city but she'd be lying if she said that she wasn't a little upset that he wasn't more involved. She couldn't help it. But it wasn't as if she could pull him away from his hero work. Duckburg needed him and they were doing fine without him.

"Ooo, nah, you need to tell him."

Liz had come to the boys to unwind and she was venting to them while they did their haircut therapy.

"Are you sure? It's not a big deal, I can let it slide!", she said.

"Listen, I know that you think this is a small thing but I'm telling you, you've got to tell him how you feel. I mean, it's pretty unlikely, but if this does become a big deal, Fenton would want to know what's going through your head."

"And relationships are based on communication.", Huey added, "You can't start your marriage off by keeping something from him. That's just a recipe for disaster. And I'm sure he'd be more than happy to spend more time planning with you. He's been stressed out of his mind lately-"