Gossip Girl (MTF Part 2)

(A/N: This is continuing nearly right where the last chapter left off. This is the second chapter in the Meet The Feathers arc)

Fenton's POV:

After a while, things calmed down and they were all just watching tv and Fenton was trying not to feel Mr Feathers' eyes burning a hole in the back of his head.
Angie scooted next to him on the couch and said to him quietly, "This is the happiest I've seen Liz while dating someone for a long time. You're really something, aren't you."

"Well, I love Liz. That's no secret to anyone. I'd die for her. If she asked for the moon, I'd find a way to pull the moon closer to the Earth just so she could have it. Even if it meant everyone else in the world would die, I'd do it for her.", he told Angie.

"Woah, I've seen guys crazy for Liz before but not this crazy.", she paused, "But in all honesty... I'd do the same. Liz has always been the light of everyone's life. And it killed everyone when we saw how much pressure our dad was putting on her.
Of course, he never meant it but every once in a while, he'd say something like 'Angela always gets good grades, you should strive to be like her' or 'Angie would never sneak out to see a concert' or 'Angie would buckle down and do her work and not watch Darkwing Duck for hours' or 'Angie got into college. What are you going to do?'.
It made me feel so guilty. I don't think dad realises how much pressure he puts on Liz."

"Tell me about it. Liz was terrified of what your father would think of her after she broke up with Beaks. That was half the reason she stayed with him. I'm sure he never meant to do it to her but under all the pressure... she was nearly crushed.", Fenton told Angie.

"You mean she...?", Angie asked, terrified.

"Nonononono, not that! I just meant, that was the main reason she wouldn't go to the family reunion. She was scared of facing her father after doing something that made her feel like such a disappointment.", Fenton told her.

"Poor Liz. We're lucky to have her, aren't we.", Angie said.

"Are we ever. She's probably the best thing that happened to me.", Fenton said.

"Damn, you really are obsessed with her, it's not just some big, romantic act.", Angie said, surprised at Fenton's constant adoration of Liz.

"Of course! I meant it when I said I love her!", he exclaimed, "Why would I say it if I didn't mean it?"

"Well, I think you can understand a girl like Liz gets a lot of *cough* attention from the opposite gender?", Angie asked and Fenton nodded. She continued, "So you can see how a lot of those saccharine speeches like the one you did earlier wouldn't be 100% true, at least for guys other than yourself."

Fenton sighed, "It breaks my heart to think that guys would have the nerve to break Liz's heart. And when Liz was nearly drowning in devastation after she broke up with Mark, it's as if I shared a little bit of that devastation. I knew she needed someone to be there for her. And while one voice in me was saying 'This is your chance! She needs a shoulder to cry on! You can swoop in and you can fill the void Beaks left!'
But then another smaller voice was saying deep inside me 'No, that's wrong. She doesn't need a guy right now. What she needs is a friend. Someone to listen to her problems, someone to let her vent her feelings to, someone who can help her.'
And I am so glad I listened to that voice."

Angie nearly started crying, she was so moved by what Fenton said.
She hugged him and whispered, "For the love of god, marry my sister."
They both laughed and pulled away from the hug before continuing to watch TV.

~Timeskip~

Liz's POV:

The cousins, Aunt Melanie, and Angie all went to their respective places for the night after dinner. Liz and Fenton were lying on their admittedly small bed spooning because that was pretty much the only thing they could do with both of them having all of their feet under the blanket at the same time.
Liz then whispered to him, "This might sound a little soon to think about but just hear me out. Do you think we'll get married someday?"