Meet the Feathers (Chapter 11)

(A/N: In this, Liz is taking Fenton to meet her family in Ohio so let's just say Gyro's taking over as Gizmoduck. K? K.)

(Friday, August 23rd 2019)

Liz's POV:

Liz and Fenton were flying out to Spoonerville, Ohio for Fenton to meet the Feathers family at their yearly weekend-long family reunion.
That weekend would always be an ordeal for Liz. Of course, it was lovely seeing Angie and her many, many cousins again but in all the prior years, she'd felt like she hadn't achieved anything compared to the rest of her family.
At least when she was dating Mark, he'd keep her in Duckburg so she wouldn't have to go to the reunion.
But now, she had no way of hiding from them. But it wasn't as if she wanted to. She was dating the greatest inventor she'd ever met and a superhero! And boy was she going to rub the former in her family's face.
But, deep inside, she felt a little bit guilty that it felt like she was forcing him to 'meet the in-laws' before they'd even thought about getting married.

While they were on their flight, Liz asked Fenton something.

"Hey, are you sure you're going to be okay? I mean, I know parents are never easy to deal with and my dad is definitely no exception."

"I'll be fine.", he reassured her, "I've defeated 52 villains this month alone! I'm sure I can handle your father!"

"Alright. It's just, I feel a little guilty, like I'm dragging you along with me just to prove to them I've done something worthwhile since breaking up with Mark. Not to mention the hailstorm of opposite reactions from my family."

"I am telling you, I want to be here for you.", he reassured her again, "Besides, once we've gotten to know each other, I'd like to give your father a little piece of my mind about that whole 'marry rich' plan."

"You really are my knight in robotic armour. I'm gonna try and get some sleep now. I think you should do the same.", she told him as she curled up in her chair.

~Timeskip once again brought to you by Pep. Put some Pep in your step!~

Fenton's POV:

They landed and looked around at the airport for a while until Liz saw a large lady with long black hair wearing a flowery dress looking around. They both ran up to each other, arms wide open to hug each other. Fenton followed quickly behind Liz.

"Lizzie!", the lady cried, showing that she had a strong New York accent.

"Aunt Melanie!", Liz cried.

"Sweetie! It's so great to see you again!", she told Liz, "What happened the past few years? You weren't at the reunion."

"A lot! I mean, at first, I couldn't afford to fly out here and then when I was dating Mark, he wanted me to stay in Duckburg with him and then we broke up and it was just a huge mess but that's not important.", she told her.

"Oh, darling. That's terrible.", the lady consoled her.

"Don't worry, I'm a lot better now an it's mostly thanks to this lovely guy right here.", Liz said, putting her arm around Fenton's shoulder.

"Oh my goodness, who's this handsome young man?", she asked.

"Aunt Melanie, meet my boyfriend, Fenton.", Liz introduced him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am.", Fenton said while sticking out his hand.

"Oh, you don't need to be formal like that!", Melanie then whispered under her breath, "At least not with me. But please, call me Melanie!"

"Thank you! I will!", he replied.

"Anywho, let's get your bags! You two must be exhausted! Debbie, Kaitlyn and Angie are in the car, I'll go get 'em!", Melanie said while running off.