Frenemies (Mini Chapter/Incorrect Quotes)

(A/N: I thought Liz and Gyro's relationship could use a bit more development since they pretty much never interact so here's a little mini chapter/incorrect quotes to showcase their dynamic.)

Liz's POV:

Liz, Launchpad, and Dewey were hanging out in the lab, waiting for Fenton's shift to be over so they could all hang out at Liz's place and play video games. She heard Gyro at his desk grumbling about something and since she was relatively bored since Gyro had told everyone not to touch anything, she decided to investigate.

"What's got the tall tech guy in a twist?", she asked, startling Gyro.

"Well, if it isn't the intern's idiot. I don't know what he sees in you.", he greeted her.

"Ditto. Anyway, I've spent more than enough time around here to know what your normal grumbles sound like and that one was not one of them.", she told him, "So, as I asked before, what's got you in a twist?"

"You won't stop bugging me until I tell you, will you?", he said.

"Aw! You know me so well!", she exclaimed sarcastically.

"If you must know, that fraud, Mark Beaks just released his latest waste of money, the 'Waddle Watch'. It's just a smaller and harder to use phone! Why is it worth so much more?!", he exclaimed.

"I know, right? That hack is nothing more than a thieving, immature, money-wasting, child!", Liz agreed, "I don't know what I ever saw in him. Ugh, just the thought of me being with him grosses me out."

"Huh... for once, you actually make a good point.", he told her.

Liz blinked at him, extremely surprised, "I'm sorry, did you just compliment me?"

"I'm as surprised as you are.", he replied.

~~~Now for some incorrect quotes~~~ (i literally just googled these)

Fenton: Why are you smiling?

Gyro: What? Can't I just be happy?

Liz: One of the Buzzard Brothers tripped and fell in the parking lot.

~~~

Gyro: I would never say this to my intern's face...
Gyro: But I consider him one of my closest friends and value his presence.

Liz: *stares at him in shock* Why... Why wouldn't you say that to his face?

~~~

Liz: *having a bad day* I'm so useless.

Gyro: No you're not.
Gyro: You can be used as a bad example.

Liz: *laughing* I hate you so much.

~~~

Liz, playing with an elastic band while bored in the lab: Onion rings are just vegetable donuts.

Gyro, used to bored Liz: Sure, they are.

Liz: Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.

Gyro: Okay...

Liz: Lasagne is just spaghetti flavoured cake.

Gyro:

Liz, oblivious: To mermaids, lobsters are scorpions.

Gyro: *internally screaming* Liz, please stop.

Launchpad, fascinated: No, continue, please.

~~~

Gyro: *screaming* IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII FIXED IT!

Liz: Fixed what?

Gyro: EVERYTHING!

*Loud explosion in the background*

Gyro:... except that.

~~~

Gyro, arriving at the lab: Hello, people who do not work here(!)

Liz: Hi

LP: Hi

Dewey: Hi

Gyro: I gave you the passcode for emergencies.

Liz: We got bored.

~~~

Gyro: You're pretty dumb.

Liz: Thanks.

Gyro: Why are you thanking me? I just insulted you.

Liz: All I heard was "You're pretty." I'm focusing on the positives in life.

~~~

That's all for today. Now, I'm thinking about doing incorrect quotes for all the characters to pass time while I'm writing chapters. Comment if you think that'd be a good idea. Hope you enjoyed. ~Bingette