7

I would like to apologize to everyone reading this, I wrote the last chapter and this one after being awake for over 24 hours so the amount of sense it makes might be low. And shit goes from 0-100 real quick lol.
...

(Yuu)

Another day in Paradise...that was terrible.

Due to yesterday's events, I wasn't really in the mood to deal with people complaining about Mikaela all day, but since it was my job I didn't have much of a choice. All I had to do was smile and nod.

At least at the end of the day I'll get to talk to someone I actually like.

Before I could even enter my office, someone grabbed my hand, I turned to see Mikaela looking very concerned, "Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yep." I said.

"You don't look like you slept very much, and you look upset. Did someone hurt you?" His concern was only growing.

I couldn't help but feel the urge to cry grow within me, I would've been fine if no one would've asked, but that was just too easy.

"Oh, Yuu, no," he cupped my face with one hand and wiped away the tears I didn't realize were already falling with his thumb. I was very very upset, so I didn't really think too much about why I didn't find it weird and why I leaned into his hand, "no, no. You're so much better than them. What's wrong?"

I turned to open the door to my office and pulled him inside, as soon as I shut the door I instantly went in for a hug. I didn't care of it was weird or not, I really needed a hug and that's all there was too it. Mikaela didn't seem to think it too weird as he wrapped his arms around me as well.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?" His voice was gentle and kind, it was hard to believe all those people basically viewed him as Satan.

"N-" I couldn't even get the word out no matter how hard I tried, I eventually just shook my head no and leaned further into him. I had been holding in a lot of emotions since last night, I didn't want to put any more strain on Yoichi.

"That's ok, you don't need to tell me." We just stood there for a while, and it felt really really nice. I was very desperate to be close to Mikaela, it was like I was touch starved.

After I had calmed down more, he pulled away a little, "Are you feeling any better?" He asked as he wiped a few older tears from my face.

I nodded silently.

He smiled down at me, "Good, good. Now I really don't think you're in any condition to be helping others with their mental health today, there's no way I'm letting you work like this. I'm sure you can, but I don't want to push you. Do you maybe wanna go home?"

"No." I said quietly.

"Hmm, you can say here I guess if you really want to," Mika lead me over to the couch and had me sit down on it, "in that same closet with the mini fridge there's a blanket. Maybe you should take a nap. I'll come wake you up when it's time to leave."

He went to walk away but I quickly grabbed him by the sleeve, "I really want to say with you." I said quietly. I was desperate to be with Mikaela. Being around him made me feel weirdly safe, like I knew that nothing could hurt me. But then again, I probably would've latched onto anyone in that moment.

"I can't stay in here, I also have work I need to do," he still sounded so gentle, "umm, I guess you can come up with me," Mika grabbed onto my hand and pulled me up, "alright then, this should be interesting."

He led me to the elevator and we ended up at his office, Jack was waiting there and looked surprised to see me, "Ah, Mr. Tepes, I see you've gained a shadow on your little break."

"Haha, I will fire you so quick." Mikaela said in an overly fake happy tone of voice.

"I doubt that." Jack mumbled.

Mika pulled me into his main office and sat me down on one of the chairs, "Is this better?" He asked. I nodded and he went to go sit on the other side, "This is honestly quite unexpected. I don't usually have guests," he laughed, "Asher is also floating around here if you maybe wanna go find him."

"Mika, what's going on?" I asked.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"Why do I feel weird?" I didn't know if I was just super sleep deprived or dehydrated or whatever the hell else, but I was seriously playing with fire with some of the things I was saying, "Is it happening again?" I asked.

"Pardon?" He asked as he reached over the desk to hold my hand, "What do you mean?"

"You're not going to hurt me, right?" I felt fucking dumb for asking. I felt vulnerable and like a fucking nuisance. Mikaela didn't ask for this.

"No, no, no. I would never hurt you. Hurting you is the last thing I wanna do. It's ok, I'm not gonna hurt you and as long as you're in my sight I promise you that no one else will hurt you either, ok?" Mikaela obviously couldn't really understand what was happening, there's no way he would.

"I'm sorry." I said, I didn't understand what the hell was wrong with me.

He stood up and came back over to my side with his laptop and sat in the chair next to me, he pushed them a little closer and wrapped one hand around my shoulder, "Does this help you?" He asked.

I nodded, "Mhmm."

"You don't need to feel sorry, I already told you more than once that I like you a lot and that I consider you a friend. You were there for me, it's my turn to be here for you. I know the power dynamic makes things a bit awkward, but I am going to be here for you when you need me. Weather it be for something like this or even a normal conversation. Being there for you is not an inconvenience." He said.

"The person that called you the anti-Christ was wrong." I mumbled.

"They called me the anti-Christ?" He asked as he began to type away on his laptop, "That's one of the least creative ones I've heard over the years. But, to be fair, they're probably not wrong. But even the anti-Christ has some sort of soft spot."

I just kind of stared at him for a while as he worked, this scene felt all too familiar. It was almost like I was in some sort of trance, I just kept looking at him.

"Mikaela," I waited until I knew I had his attention, the sight of his eyes was enough to freeze me in place, "I like you a lot too."

That seemed to make him very happy as he put a hand over his mouth to try and cover the big smile l barely got a glimpse of, "I'm happy to hear that."

Why are you still doing this to yourself?

For once, I chose to actually push away the thought I didn't want to acknowledge. Right now, I was content. Whatever was happening right now just felt right.

...

So I ended up editing it before posting it and this is like 3 or 4 months after writing it BUT JOKES ON YOU I ONLY SLEPT 2 HOURS LAST NIGHT AND I'M NOT SURE IF I ACTUALLY SLEPT OR NOT!!! Hahahaah! You've been bamboozled! Haha- 🥲