27

(Mika)

Asher has been sitting at my desk for the past few days, watching my every move, "Where were you yesterday? I know you weren't with Yuu."

"I was handling Ray." I hoped that Yuu wasn't jealous of my honesty with Asher, Ash already knew, and there wasn't much I could do about that. Honesty with Yuu wasn't exactly an option. Asher tapped his foot against the carpet over and over again, yet another anxious habit, I have no idea why Yuu hadn't addressed that yet, "Why are you nervous? It went well." Well... I never claimed to be completely honest with Asher either.

"Bullshit," he brought his hand up to his mouth and began to bite his nails, "he sent me a weird text yesterday from Brighton's phone about needing to confront you."

"Yeah, he said something like that." I responded, the sound of the tapping was starting to annoy me.

"You've been spending a lot of time with Yuu." And just like that I knew that him and Ray were on the same page weather they knew it or not. They were afraid of what I was going to do to Yuu. A part of me savored the moment, yet another part of me knows damn well it's not just because of the past.

"Ash, did you know that you've been acting really nervous ever since the hospital?" I typed away on my keyboard, responding to an email about an appointment I needed to make with one of the manufacturers, "But it seems to be only towards me. Did you see something you weren't supposed to?" I shot him a glance and saw the fear course through him, "So you did. What did you see?"

"The club owner." He admitted easily. That was more than enough information for me to know exactly what he meant. If it wasn't for Yuu's not so unusual attachment to Ash, I would've already been planning something. But unfortunately I didn't really want to see him that upset. Not only that, a random death of someone he cared about could trigger some not so fond memories.

"You already knew that most of my business partners were shady, I don't direct contribute unless I have a reason to." I reminded him.

"He's a trafficker!" Asher whisper screamed.

"Woah, hold on. That sounds really bad when you're not specific. There are people out there who abduct others and sell them as a whole, which is a rather large market, but not as profitable. Crowley sells- how do I put this? When health care professionals fail and all other options are unavailable or if a personal project is unethical, Crowley is there to provide them with what they need. You're overreacting." I shrugged.

"HE'S AN ORGAN TRAFFICKER! SAYING IT IN FANCY WORDING DOESN'T HELP!" Ash retorted. He had a point there.

"Anyway, what of it? Why does it make you nervous about Yuu's safety? We know nothing bad will happen to him." It was time to try a different strategy.

"This proves that you're just as bad, if not worse, than last time." Ash reasoned out.

"You're being too sensitive, nothing bad is going to happen." I reminded him.

"You say that now, but what are you going to do if he leaves you?" He asked.

"That won't happen." I chuckled. That statement had... more than one interpretation.

"You're being naive. I'm not saying it will, but don't you think you should have a reaction planned out just in case?" He asked, "Yuu would be shocked if you suddenly switched your mood like that. Do you want to see that scared look?"

Maybe.

"We can always think about that later," I rolled my eyes, "you're underestimating Yuu's intellect, and it's upsetting me. We all know that you have a very different way of seeing him, but he's not a dumbass. Today he called me out for being a liar. That mother fucker completely trapped me in a situation where remaining silent would be the same as saying yes. He left very little room for interpretation."