36

(Mika)

"Please stop damaging the merchandise." Crowley huffed from the corner.

"Shut up." I stomped down on something, maybe an arm or leg, I don't really know nor do I care. All I cared about was the muffled screams of pain.

"You're so different from last time you were here." If he didn't shut the fuck up, he would be the next thing I break.

"Shut up." I repeated.

"If you're going to be destructive, you could at least do something productive. Maybe help me make some incisions." Crowley suggested.

"No, I would cost us a lot of money if I tried to do something that required precision right now." I replied.

"You could at least try." Crowley persisted.

"No," I replied curtly, "stop asking."

My phone began to ring and I made sure to walk into the hallway before answering, "What?" I answered.

"I'm sorry." Yuu's voice rang through the phone. Pieces of me were scrambling together to click into place, but not this time, no, this time it was my turn.

"Don't be," I knew I should've been using more inflection, but I didn't particularly care, he needed to know he couldn't talk to me like that without some kind of consequence. My choices were rather limited at the moment, so tone of voice was the best I could do, "you were right."

"Maybe, but that's not the point, the point is I went off on you when I shouldn't have." He sounded different somehow. It was all the same words, but the tone was off. This entire call seemed more planned than his usual impulse ones. But I suppose that was to be expected after thinking I was mad at him.

"Ok." I replied.

"Just ok?" He asked.

"Yes," I leaned against the wall, standing was so much effort that I just didn't feel like putting in, "are you home?"

"Yeah, Ash dropped me off like 10 minutes ago." He replied. He sounded much more defeated.

"Is Yoichi home?" Yoichi was someone I admired, caring and uncaring all at once. He had set up boundaries that people just automatically respected, I wanted that. Not so much the caring, but the automatic respect. I had to work to get the respect I have. I'm sure he did too, but he went about it a much different way. People listened to him without threats or persuasion. We were both respected, but he was loved while I was feared.

"Mm-mm," I could almost see the way his head shook, his movements were predictable, he was predictable, "he's with Kimizuki."

Yuu was alone. There was someone watching him and he was alone. Alarm bells were ringing non stop in my head, my palms felt sweaty and suddenly I was very uncomfortable, "Do you want me to come over?" I asked on something similar to instinct.

"No, I'm fine," he said, "I think we both need some space. I'll see you on Monday though."

"Are you sure?" I asked, worry coursing through me. It was so fucking hot in this basement.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I still love you, but I need the rest of the weekend to myself, I have a lot I need to think about." He said... he was lying.

"I love you too, call me anytime if you need anything." I said.

"I will if I need anything," I could envision his smile, so bright and pure and he was mad at me, I didn't want him to be mad at me, "bye, Mika."

"Bye, Yuu." The sound of the call ending was terrible. I missed him already. I wanted to see him again so much.