3

You would think that I would be better at writing angst after doing it for 4 years
...

"So, Paradise?" My dark haired father asked.

My dads had asked me out to lunch to celebrate my new employment. It want anything big, but I was happy to spend time with them.

"Yep, Paradise." I said.

"Mikaela Tepes, huh?" He questioned further.

"That's correct." I sipped on my iced tea.

"I always got a bad vibe from him. I've never met him but I feel really... I can't think of the word... maybe uncomfortable? Suspicious?" He said.

"Pop, he seems pretty nice, you don't need to worry." I smiled.

"Actually I kind of agree with him," my dad said as he took a seat next to me, "I never really felt the Mikaela Tepes had any good intentions either. He's been massive in the media for about 8 years and I still vividly remember the first time I saw him. It made me feel panicked."

"It's really good money, Dad." I said.

"Not everything in life is about money, Yuu. If you view money that way you can end up in difficult situations." Pop commented.

My mind drifted to Asher and the way that that monster had complete control over him. I pondered for a moment if it was because of money he stayed but eventually came to the conclusion that Asher wasn't that shallow.

"Hey, have either of you two ever felt connected to someone so strongly upon first meeting them?" I asked.

"Yeah," Dad said, "and he's right there." He pointed to my pop.

"Why? Do you feel that towards Mikaela?" asked Pop.

"No, no. I met someone else that I just instantly felt this urge to protect." I said.

"Hmm, weird. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't believe in love at first sight, so maybe it's that." Pop commented.

"Hm, maybe, we'll see." I shrugged.

"You're not typically defensive of people, how are your feelings towards Mikaela?" Dad asked.

"I wouldn't say I was being defensive, he just hasn't really shown to be bad. Actually, quite the opposite, Mikaela has shown to be very good. If anything, he's just a little isolated. He could use a friend or two." I proclaimed.

"You should know better than anyone that being the only friend isn't a good job," His purple eyes seemed to be trying to analyze my inner thoughts, "a group would do him better."

"As much as I hate to admit it, I do agree. But, he has to start somewhere." I mentioned.

"True, just make sure he doesn't become too reliant on you. Having a friend is good and all, just make sure you're not the only person he can go to." And his blue eyes seemed to be doing the exact same thing.

"Mm, I'll try." I said.

...
(Mika)

"You lied to him." Asher said as he watched me fill out the paperwork.

"Yes, I lied, that's never bothered you before," I shrugged, "I don't really have the time for this. You lied to him as well."

"I've never understood you, and you've been so much worse these past few days, ever since you met him you've been so different." He pulled at his sickeningly bright hair, a habit most likely due to his anxiety. It was mild, but it was certainly there.