8

(Mika)

To say I was happy was an insane understatement. I was through the roof.

Take that, Asher!

I really hated seeing Yuu cry, but he was still so cute. He always found some way to fluster me and unfortunately the bashfulness I hold in this life overpowered my coldness from the last life. It does make sense though, I've been alive longer this time. Newer Mikaela was much weaker, but I think Yuu found the blushing cute. So that's a massive plus. A downside was that this body was also weaker, I had been trying to work it out more, but it was frustrating to see how weak I had become.

I lived for the fact that I was able to touch him again, I was a little more touchy than normal for the last few days but it was killing me that I couldn't wrap my arms around him like this. Being able to hold him was one of my greatest joys in life. I loved him so much. I have had a few relationships in this life so I was hoping I would have better impulse control towards him and not do something crazy. I wanted things to go well this time. I was hoping that I could have him fall in love with me before Asher pushed him over the edge, and it seemed to be going well. Based on my conversation with Asher, it seemed that there was a different trigger for everyone, and they all made perfect sense.

For Asher, it was the first time Ray attempted to get into his pants, Ray did a lot of terrible things to Asher in the last life, and that was probably one of the worst. For me, it was the first time I touched Yuu, I died in his arms after all and after meeting him again the majority of my time was spent touching him in some way, it made sense. I had a very good feeling I could guess what Yuu's trigger might be. It was between two things, so I was being very careful not to do either.

"Do you like your job?" He asked, his voice still sounded a little raspy from crying.

"Yes, actually. I get to boss people around all day and strike the fear of god into them." I smiled at him.

He raised his eyebrows for a second.

I may have already said that, it would explain his reaction.

"Mmm," Yuu was carefully getting closer to me ever so slowly, but it was still noticeable. He really wanted to be as close to me as he possibly could without making it awkward. If it was up to me, he would already be on my lap. He pulled my hand off of his shoulder and instead held it in his own and began to play with my fingers, bending and unbending them. He was making my heart melt I swear, he was going to fucking kill me with this shit, "you have cold hands."

"You can even feel it through the gloves?" I asked.

"Yes, sir, you're as cold as ice." He commented.

I had to bite my inner cheek to stop myself from saying something bad. The things I wanted to do to him just weren't possible right now and I needed to make sure I didn't rush it.

Remember, impulse control.

The number of thoughts running through my head was astronomical, yet I continued to just type away at my key board like normal.

"Well, I think we've been sitting here for a while and there's still another hour before lunch, would you like a snack?" I asked. I hoped that he did, I really wanted to give him something to lift his mood a little more.

"Sure." Yuu shrugged.

So adorable.

I got up and walked to the other side of my desk, opened the drawer, and pulled out a package of chocolate chip cookies. His face instantly lit up and I could feel the blush spreading across my face, I wanted to bang my head off of the desk, I hated this feeling.