2

Imagine being an avocado. Fuckin' Rantaro. Love of my god damn life.
...

Paradise.

The building lived up to the company standards to say the least. It was taller than all the other buildings and the mass majority of the building seemed to be windows, letting all the natural sunlight in possible. The building held soft pinks, blues, oranges, purples, but mostly white.

I walked up to the front desk to find a very well kept looking man with dark hair and dark eyes, "May I help you?" He asked coldly.

"I have an appointment with Mr. Tepes for 2:30." I said.

He glanced down at his watch, "It's only 2." He stated bluntly.

"Yes, I am aware," I could feel the anxiety growing within me, "I figured it would be best to be a bit early."

He sighed, "Name?"

"Yuichiro Hiragi." I stated.

"Oh, you're a Hiragi?" He asked, eyeing me up. I wouldn't have guessed that. You lack the physical features."

Oh how I wonder why.

I obviously wasn't going to look like my other family members. I was adopted, my dad shared the same fate as me as well. We looked nothing like Hiragis. But this snarky bastard didn't need to know that.

"No, wait. Being overly early is a Hiragi trait I suppose." The man rolled back his shoulders.

"Now, now, Mr. Stafford, please do your best to not offend one of our own. He will be joining us fairly soon, I guarantee it. He is here on special request from Mr. Tepes." A man with oddly peach colored hair and the most unusual amber eyes said, "Come with me, Mr. Hiragi, I will escort you up. Mr. Tepes is dealing with a personal affair at the moment but he should be done soon."

We shared an insanely awakened elevator ride to the 16th floor, there were many, many more above it though. I didn't like this guy. He was condescending and was radiating an aura where you could just tell he thought he was better than me.

"Thank you for handling that." I said.

"Not a problem, it's my job as Mr. Tepes personal assistant to do these things." He smiled.

We got off and the first thing I noticed was how much space was in between the elevator and the door to his office, the second thing I noticed was a person shaking on the nearby couch, his face buried in his hands, "I'll be over there." I pointed in the direction of the boy.

Mikaela's assistant smile faltered for a moment, "Don't pity him too much. He practically asks for it."

I don't really know what he's talking about, but that's still a horrible thing to say about someone who looks so distressed.

I walked over and carefully sat down on the couch next to him, his hair was dyed a bright shade of red, "Hello." I said gently.

The man shot back in fear before realizing he thought I was someone else, "I'm sorry." He said very quietly.

"Hey, it's ok, you don't need to apologize for anything. Are you ok?" I asked.

He clasped his hand on his wrist and nodded slowly, "I'm ok."

I could very clearly see bruises were placed haphazardly across his body, they looked painful. And he wouldn't even look at my face.

"My name is Yuichiro, but you can call me Yuu. What's your name?" I asked, trying to make casual conversation as I surveyed his body. The state of him made me want to throw someone in jail.