10

(Yuu)

I entered my apartment and was immediately met with indescribable noises. Even hearing it felt like an invasion of privacy. Not to mention how much any reminders that sex existed put the fear of god into me.

I guess Kimizuki is here. I'm sure Yoichi doesn't care if I'm here, but Kimizuki definitely does.

"I'M HOME!!!" I said as loudly as possible. A crash came from the other room followed by murmurs of this and that before Kimizuki and Yoichi came out of the room about 5 minutes later. My only goal was to make it stop, so I was quite satisfied at that point.

"Hi, Yuu." Kinizuki waved meekly.

"Hi, Kimizuki." I said as I glared at Yoichi.

"I didn't think you were gonna be home yet." He shrugged.

"Whatever," I waved my hand dismissively, "have you guys eaten yet?" I asked.

"Eaten what?" Yoichi said under his breath earning a sharp jab from Kimizuki, "Ow."

"No, we haven't eaten yet." Kimizuki answered.

"Cool, cool, I'll make something for dinner." I said.

"No, I'll do it," Kimizuki sighed, "I like to cook anyway and last time you tried you nearly burnt down the kitchen."

"That's fair." I said as I plopped down onto the couch. I've always been a bad cook. You think with 26 years under my belt I'd get somewhere, but there was some outside force that just did not want me to learn.

Yoichi whispered something into Kimizuki's ear before planting a quick kiss on his cheek, "I love you." He said.

"I love you too." He said flustered to all hell before finally going into the kitchen.

"What did you say to him?" I asked as Yoichi sat down next to me.

"Are you sure you wanna know?" He asked smirking.

"That sounds like a good indicator that I don't, but sure." I sighed.

"I bit his ear," Yoichi said just as casually as if he had talking about the weather, "anyway, you seem to be in a good mood.

The fuck?

"How can you even tell I'm in a good mood? I literally barged in here and cock blocked you." Yoichi was a confusing being to say the least.

"You're taking," he said simply, "you wouldn't even look up this morning let alone talk."

"Oh, I see. Well, I am in a good mood." I proclaimed.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"I may be finding myself back in the romance department." I was definitely being over confident but I had hope for the first time in a while.

"Is it the owner of that blonde strand of hair I found?" He asked.

"Maybe." I looked off to the side.

"Didn't really get the gay vibe from Mikaela Tepes but to each their own I guess," Yoichi shrugged, "as long as you're happy, I don't really care what you do."

"Did you say Mikaela Tepes?" Kimizuki asked.

"Yep, apparently Yuu and him have a little thing going on." Yoichi explained.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Kimizuki asked, "Fuck the power dynamic, I don't really care about that, but he's always given me really bad vibes, even just seeing him on TV would make afraid."

"Baby, I love you, but you're afraid of everything and Yuu hasn't even remotely considered romance since he got out of high school." Yoichi pointed out.

"I guess that's true , maybe this could be good for him." Kimizuki nodded.

"Well I sure hope so," I said, "my last relationship was with a girl as well so that really tells you how long ago that was."

"Sad." Yoichi gave me a pat on the back.

"Not all of us are lucky enough to find our soul mate at age 11," I reminded him, "I can't understand why you two still aren't married."

"How about because we're poor?" Yoichi suggested, "why else would I be 27 living with my best friend and not my boyfriend?"

"We're both teachers, we aren't exactly rolling in cash." Kimizuki added.

I felt my phone start to buzz in my pocket, I pulled it out to see my dad was calling.

Oh shit, what did I do?

I quickly walked over to my room and answered the phone, "Hi Dad."

"Child," He said rather sternly, "why is Shinoa here? We didn't ask for this. What happened?" He asked.

"Never thought I'd hear you say you don't want your own baby sister there." I tried to joke a bit.

"She's saying something about you and Yoichi ganging up on her. Unfortunately, I know all too well how much she loves to play the victim, so I figured I would ask you what happened before jumping to conclusions." He said.

"She was talking to me about working for the family business, need I explain more?" I asked.

"No, I think I understand," he let out a long sigh, "should I call Mitsuba or Kureto?"

"Probably Uncle Kureto. You know that if she's at your place there's a good chance Mitsuba went off on her." I said.

"I figured as much." My dad sounded really tired.

"Where's Pop at?" I asked.

"Trying to get the hell away from this situation," he really sounded like he was ready to fall over, "one of these days I'm going to drop dead from the stress this family gives me. I would've ran on adoption day if I would've known."

"Hey, I could say the same thing," I laughed, "at least we got a nic- no, a lovi- at least we have a family."

"Honey, these people are going to put us all in an early grave. I know the parenting books would probably advise against venting to your child, but my little sister is such a whiny pick-me spoiled brat and I'm sick of it. She barges in here acting like a victim meanwhile any other time she acts like she has a god complex. And she's not even the worst of them, the entire family is on one massive power trip and I think they wanted a little dog instead of a child." He sighed.

"It'll be ok," I tried to reassure him, "you have a new family that loves you more than anything. We'll always be here for you."

"Yeah, if I don't get charged for murder." He laughed.

"Maybe don't do that." I suggested.

"Alright, well, I love you."

"Love you too, Dad, bye."
...

"Thank you, Kimizuki, the meal was really good." I said as I helped him load up the dishwasher.

"No problem." He said.

There was a knock on the door, "I'll get it!" Yoichi hollered as he ran out from his room.

As soon as the door was open, one of the other feisty blondes in my life came barreling in, "Yuu! Oh my god," she instantly pulled me into a hug, "I'm really sorry about Shinoa, I don't know what her problem is."

"Well hello to you too, Mitsuba." I gave her a pat on the back.

"Fuck your family," she said, "you and your dad and pop are the only tolerable ones. The rest of them are trash."

"Why would you marry trash?" I asked.

"She's more like a lemon. She was already sour but she rotted over time," Mitsuba claimed, "I would get a divorce but she'd probably take me for everything I have."

"Sounds like the Hiragi thing to do," I grimaced, "I can't wait until I can get rid of the family name."

"I smell something good," Mitsuba said as she pushed past me towards the leftovers, "did Kimizuki make tacos?"

"Yes ma'am." He smirked.

She grabbed a plate and started to shove food on it, "You're a saint Shiho Kimizuki, a fucking saint."