18

I'm slowly falling into the world of enemies to lovers.
...

(Yuu)

"How was your trip?" Yoichi asked as soon as I entered our apartment.

"It was pretty good, kinda cold but that's the way I like it," I leaned on the counter, "did you and Kimizuki do anything while I was gone?" I asked.

Yoichi let out a weird sound, "Ohhhh, you bet," he smirked, "I may have a thing for cat boys now."

"That's... unsettlingly vague." I ran my hand through my hair.

"Heh, yeah," he smirked, "what about you and Mikaela? Anything noteworthy?"

"Not really," I shrugged, I was going to keep the Matthew thing to myself until I figured out what was going on. I had been feeling very weird lately. It was like everyone was taking part in some joke that I wasn't in on. Hearing Mika say Matthew triggered something and saying it for myself was even worse, "we watched a few shitty movies and drank."

"Sounds like fun. Wanna do that tonight?" He asked.

"Can we cut out the shitty movies and just drink?"

...

(Mika)

Snap

"Fuck, that's my third pen today," I said to myself, "I need another one!" I called out to my assistant.

"Honestly, how are you managing to do this?" He asked, amber eyes staring me down, "It's a pen. What kind of pressure are you putting on it?"

"I don't know," I said blandly, I was feeling rather emotionless, something was missing to give me that emotional boost. On the bright side, I was much more productive when I didn't give a fuck, "I would assume it has something to do with nerves."

"Maybe a trip to our new therapist would do you some good." He sighed.

"Maybe..." I trailed off. I wanted to see him again. I wanted to see him so bad.

Asher burst in through my door and sat down. He was tugging at his hair and his eyes were wide. Mr. Sierra, being the petty man he was, left as soon as he saw him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"He called me Matthew." He said quietly.

"Yuu?" I asked. Even the mention of him gave me some emotion, but it wasn't a good one, "I believe I told you not to talk to him outside of appointments."

"He called me Matthew. I don't think you get it. He rarely called me Matthew ever." Asher looked distraught.

"That's concerning," I had to think for a moment, "I don't think anything happened that could've triggered his memories."

"This didn't happen last time, why is happening now?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe we just didn't exist before last time." I shrugged.

"I have memories of seven lives. Six of them ending with Ray. I can't... do it." He tugged at his hair some more.

I went to pat him on the back but decided against it, "You pushed him. You wanted him to remember. Why are you freaking out now?" I asked.

"I don't want to hurt him." Asher tried to defend himself.

"So you admit you were being selfish?" I asked.