49

🎶 We could be alone together. Fuck your friends, I'll stay with you forever 🎶
...

(Yuu)

"Babe, baby, babe, baby, babe, baby, babe, baby, babe," Mika kept lightly tapping me on the side of my face. I was refusing the move out  of the comfortable position I was in for these light taps. Mika sighed and I felt my entire life flash before my eyes as I heard, "Wake up, Lieutenant!"

I somehow managed to grab his hand in the nick of time, eyes blown wide as hell. Mika was laughing hysterically at my panicked fear.

"I love that you got that!" He chuckled harder.

"You're like a walking shitpost." I cringed.

"Ohh, I know, I know. The doctor will be here soon, I'd say about 40 minutes," he cheeked his watch, "maybe 45. Is there anything you want to do before she arrives? Maybe shower, have something to eat?" He sat right next to me on the bed, staring at me like an impatient parent.

"What? Why is there a doctor coming?" I asked.

"Hmm, truly a wonder," he brought up a gloved finger to my neck and stated tracing a line around the side of my neck, "it's almost as if someone needs a wellness check after undergoing some physical trauma."

"It's really ironic hearing that from you." I pointed out.

"I didn't say it wasn't, mon amour." He practically purred as he ran his finger up from my neck to tilt my chin up.

"Someone's in a good mood." I raised an eyebrow at him. The confidence in him dropped for a split second. In that moment I could see the doubt, the hatred, every shattered piece of him. It was gone before I saw it all though, replaced by a self conscious, tired imitation of his usual over the top facade.

"I am, thank you for noticing," Mika gave me a slow, nearly sensual kiss on the lips, "I'm thrilled with how well things are going, and I'm glad that you seem to be feeling better." He kept eye contact with me as he cupped my face in both hands, staring down at me.

"I'm not feeling better. Are you feeling ok?" I asked.

Mika chuckled slightly, kissing me again, "I'm genuinely fantastic. I love you, I love seeing you, I love being with you." There was something else held in the sigh he let out, almost this irritation. He was looking at me in ways I didn't understand. I felt unsafe.

If he was going to try to hide, I would too, "I love you too, sweetheart." I grabbed onto his good hand and squeezed gently. I saw his lip twitch.

"Yuu." He whispered, a rasp to his voice that I felt too familiar with, his hand pressed on my chest.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"I'm fuckin' obsessed with you," there were no more playful tones in his voice, his hand came further up around my throat. I met his eyes as his hands shook, hesitating. He looked at me with pure disgust. He was getting progressively more ballsy with how hard he grabbed my throat, "and it's making me hate you."

Before I knew it my hand shot up to his wrist, I wasn't pulling back yet, just held it there.

"Do you think they would be able to tell the difference between rope marks and my hands?" He asked.

I went to choke out a yes, but my throat was too dry.

"I wouldn't do that to you again." He just kept staring down into my eyes as I stared back with what I can only imagine was the face of a deer in headlights, "You look so much different up close," he took his thumb and ran it across my jawline, "sharper, sturdier, surer."