6

(Mika)

I stared at my ceiling for a little while, there wasn't anything that I urgently needed to do. I was just taking in the silence for now.

I could feel something seeping into the depths of my soul, it felt evil and I knew evil. I hated how almost appealing it was. It felt comfortable. But looking closer you could tell.

"Asher." I called out.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm fine," he responded, "things are healing up quite nicely."

"Mmm, well, they won't be if you keep trying to push him to remember. You're lucky I keep covering for your ass so he doesn't get too suspicious. If you keep pushing him he's going to fall." I said harshly.

"Like you have room to talk. You just barely got your memories back a week ago, you don't know shit about this. Not to mention, you remembered in the most idiotic way possible. A handshake? Really? That's what jogged your memory? He was really the thing that your entire life revolved around, wasn't he?" He asked.

"Well, at least I didn't stay with my abusive partner for years after getting my memories back." I gave my rebuttal.

"Well last time I came to you for help it didn't exactly go well for my husband, now did it?" Asher snapped a little, "Not to mention, you never had any other partners which is what made you so immature."

"He's not your husband anymore." I reminded him.

Asher snickered a little, "Well, I'm not dead yet, there's still time for him to remember. I wonder who he'll choose if he does remember? After you got your memories back and then found out that Yuu chose me, I would've loved to see the look on your face."

"You're lucky that Yuu likes you even in this life otherwise you'd be getting your teeth knocked out by Ray. Also, don't get too smug with me, the state of living is a fragile one indeed, you may not be dead yet but that can be changed very easily." I threatened.

"Oh, Mikaela, I already know that you're not going to hurt me just yet, that's not how you work." He said.

"You're a lot more smug than I remember." I commented.

"Yeah, well, that happens when you win. There were 2 contestants brutally battling back and forth for so long and then you made the mistake of calling me in and my god did I fall in love, I really do have to thank you for throwing him into my life. I'm smug with you, as far as Ray knows I'm emotionally drained and unable to do anything against him." Asher responded.

"I don't understand you," I tapped my finger, "why would you let yourself go through this on the very off chance that if you didn't it might somehow affect Yuu? I don't understand Ray either, he was obsessed with you yet being around you doesn't show any memories for him."

"By your logic, I wouldn't be the one to make him remember anyway; Ray got married after me. Sunni would probably be the one to jog his memories. Not to mention, sometimes the memories take more than love or whatever, love is bullshit anyway. It took the recreation of the most traumatic event of my life for my memories to come back. Don't forget that Yuichiro murdered you, it's very possible that memories are brought back by traumatic events. Otherwise all of Yuu's family would have their memories back and so would Yuu after meeting me. But unfortunately, I think that you actually draw out more memories from him. And I do it because I actually love Yuu, not the way that you do. If he remembered he'd be mad at me for putting myself through this, but it is what it is." He shrugged.

"Oh, Asher, you don't quite know what he's really like," I snickered, "you may have married him but it makes me happy to know that I'm one of the only ones that knows how morally corrupt he is. He might say that he's mad at you, but he'll be happy that it wasn't him. You've seen him broken, but the breakdown was where all the secrets were," I smirked, "that look on your face makes me happy; you don't believe me. I'm ok with that. Let's put it this way, my friend. Was it you that organized my murder?"