24| New Kid

I don't wanna lose you now, I'm lookin' right at the other half of me

-Justin Timberlake

Amelia

I went home in a daze. I still couldn't believe this was real. I couldn't believe this was happening when my life was going pretty well. I didn't want to think what was going to happen now. My head was gonna explode from everything.

I entered the house without bothering to knock. Uncle Mason would probably be sleeping since it was ten at night, I'd went over to the park to clear my head once again and not realized what time it was. I poured myself a glass of water, gulping it down, trying my best not to overthink. Sure, Noah was here, but that didn't mean anything.

I climbed up the stairs, over to my room, throwing the door open and shrieking in surprise when I saw a figure sitting on my bed. I placed a hand on my beating heart, breathing hard, composing my shaking body, and closing the door behind me as I entered the room.

"Angel." Theo pulled me in his arms as I reached him. His grip was comfortable, fiercely protective and safe. For a split second I thought if he knew, but I let go of that thought. If he had known, his reaction would have been a lot more different. I sank in his embrace, holding onto him tightly, burying my face in his neck and inhaling deeply.

He kissed my hair. "Where have you been?"

"Just-just Josie's." I stammered.

"You weren't answering my calls. I was worried." He said.

"I'm sorry, I-I wasn't paying attention to my phone. I didn't know. I went over to park, tried to clear my head."

"You're okay?"

I nodded, pressing myself further in his arms. "I'm okay."

He pressed his lips to mine, his tongue entering my mouth without permission. I tilted my head up, shivering when he bit my bottom lip. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"You're leaving?" I asked. "Why?"

"I'm gonna go to my parent's house tonight. We're having this family games thing. Come with me."

I smiled softly. "I thought it was a family thing?"

He stroked my cheek with the pad of his thumb, his eyes looking deep right into mine. "It is."

My heart palpitated. My breath got knocked out of my lungs, my body going numb. His eyes looked so sincere that I was blown. "You're perfect."

He closed his eyes and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "You're everything."

I put my arms around him again, sighing in content when he held me tight, lightly playing with a strand of my hair. He placed his chin right on top of my head, his posture calm and composed. "You promise to me you're okay, right? You'd tell me if something was bothering you?"

I looked at him. "Yes."

I'm sorry, Theo. I cannot afford to hurt you again, and telling you about Noah would hurt you so much.

"I'll drive you to uni tomorrow."

"Okay." I whispered back. I watched as he let go of me, opening the door to my room, looking at me with his raw eyes, so full of admiration and fondness. He gave me a small smile, and left without another word.

I lay down on the bed, glancing up at the ceiling. There were so many thoughts in my head, so many possibilities of what could happen. I was worried how Theo would react after finding out Noah was here. I didn't want to lose him, I didn't want him to get hurt because of me. Noah being here did not change my feelings for Theo a bit. But it did surface old memories, memories which I'd buried, memories when I wasn't broken this much.