13| Coward

I need to hear you need me like I need you

-Trevor Daniel

Theo

"You've been grinning not stop ever since you got here." Dean said. I was sprawled on one of the couches in the den, looking at nothing in particular, because I couldn't focus when all I could think about was Mia.

"Yep, I noticed that too." Sav pipes up.

I couldn't help it. The feel of her lips against mine was too vivid in my mind still. I could still feel her arms gripping my neck, her body pressed against mine, her silky smooth hair in my fingers. She was too good to be true.

"Are you high, Theo?" Scott asked and chuckled. "I literally cannot stop laughing at how comical you look, smiling all goofy without a reason."

"Who said there isn't a reason?" I asked him.

"And does that reason happen to be the girl you've been quite fascinated about for these past couple of weeks?" Dean smirked at me.

"WHAT?"

"WHICH GIRL?"

"You like someone?" I turned around to find Bridget's eyes focused on me, her expression unreadable. 

I scratched the back of my neck nervously. Bridget had never really been fond of me. We'd both met through Dean and talked to each other because of Dean. I knew for sure if the circumstances had been different, we would have never spared a glance at each other even if we'd cross paths. Yes, I trusted her enough to know she would never hurt me and would want the best for me, but now I was nervous.

She was Mia's fucking best friend. And I knew for certain how much she meant to Mia. And I also knew if she would ever ask her stay away from someone, Mia would listen. Bridget had always disapproved of my way with girls, of how I never settled and wanted everything casual. I didn't want something merely casual with Mia, but Bridget didn't fucking know that. And she was overprotective of her best friend, I was sure Bridget would never approve of Mia being with me.

And that scared me. I couldn't lose her.

"And it's Amelia." She answered her own sentence.

"Holy-"

"Fucking shit." Scott hollered.

Dean chuckled while I slapped an arm on my face. Scott and Savannah would never let me live peacefully after this. I wanted to correct Bridget and say that I didn't just like Mia, that it was much more than that, but she didn't need to know that. When I lowered my hand, the nervousness I'd momentarily forgot about, came back. Bridget was standing in front of me, her hands folded on her chest, her expression like a school teacher, scolding her student.

"I-I yeah." I don't think I've ever been nervous in front of her.

Her eyes hardened. "You'll break her heart."

"No I-"

"You will fuck with her emotions and then you'll leave her like you leave every girl. You can't settle down, that's the same sentence you said to me two years back."

"Look-"

"I will never let you be with her."

That single line got to the beast inside me. Her statement made me so fucking angry that I wanted to claw her eyes out. I had to remind myself that she was my best friend's fucking girlfriend.

"I will never let you break her heart, Theo." She continued, oblivious to the glimmering anger inside me, waiting to be unleashed.

"You don't deserve her."