27| Losing Minds

I want you to breathe me in, let me be your air, let me roam your body freely

-Calvin Harris, Disciples

Amelia

We were back at the hill. I think ride had become our code word for coming here. The mode of transportation didn't matter, the location did. We'd stopped by a pizza place to grab some food, so I wasn't really hungry at the moment.

Theo stripped down to his boxers, walking ahead to the edge of the hill. I swiped my tongue across my bottom lip, my eyes not leaving the devilish way his muscles clenched with each step he took, the way his boxers hung low on his hips making me go wild. I had this sudden urge to take a bite.

Ha! Maybe I was hungry after all, just not for food.

"If you jump after me without hesitating a bit," He said, and looked behind at me. His green eyes twinkled with humor and he smirked, "I'll let you in on a secret."

I stripped down as he jumped. I deliberately did not walk to the edge directly so that he wouldn't be able to see me. I took a deep breath, willing myself, gathering all the confidence I had. Then I walked over to the edge, seeing his head pop up from the water. And I jumped.

Nothing had ever felt this beautiful before. I had never felt so much free until the first time I'd jumped. When my body hit the water, I didn't gasp for oxygen like I used to. Because in that moment I knew nothing would happen to me, and I wanted to enjoy. I came to the surface, blinking back the water drops from my eyes.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me against a hard chest. When I opened my eyes, I found myself looking into the most beautiful orbs I'd ever seen. He gazed at me with such purity that I wanted to shrink back. His expression was so vulnerable and raw that I wanted to break away the tiniest bit of my own walls and fling myself into him. 

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." He whispered.

I smiled, then frowned. "Was that the secret you wanted to tell me?"

He grinned. "Did you fall for that?"

I slapped his chest. "You're a liar."

He caught my hand in his, bringing it up to brush his lips across it. My heart fluttered. "The secret part was a lie but you being the most beautiful girl was not. There's no one like you."  

"Of course there's not." I scoffed. "I'm awesome."

His chest vibrated with chuckles, "You are."

"Tell me something." I whispered. "Anything."

"My parents are excited to meet you. They came to know yesterday that we're dating and they were delighted."

I smiled. "I'm glad."

"My mom's hosting this party day after tomorrow for the inauguration of her shop. It's the third she's opening here."

"That's great!"

"And I, as her son, have the right to invite people. So you're coming."

I bit back a smile. "I'm not free day after tomorrow." I teased him.

"Really?" He cleared his throat, seemingly caught off guard. "Oh, um, okay, I didn't know that. Could you not even stop by for some time?"

I chuckled at how easily he believed me. "Maybe if you ask me politely I'll think about it."