9| Sooner Than Expected

When you fall like a statue, I'm gon' be there to catch you

-Phillip Phillips

Amelia

Bridget and Dean had vanished. So it was just Scott and Savannah at the table today. Scott was typing furiously on his phone while Savannah looked bored. When she saw me approaching, her eyes lit up and she waved enthusiastically. I smiled and got down on a seat in front of them.

"Hi!" She exclaimed. 

"Hey." 

Scott looked up and gave me a beaming smile, "Hi A."

"A? That reminds me of Pretty Little Liars." Savannah replied to him.

"Okay, well, I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that. So how are you?" He turned to me.

"I'm good, you?"

"Have you seen Theo?"

My heart started beating wildly against my chest. "Why-why do you ask that?" I hoped my voice didn't sound shaky.

"I haven't seen him since yesterday. I was wondering if he even came today or not."

"I went over to his house yesterday. He was in a pretty foul mood." Savannah said.

Was it because of me? Yeah, probably.

"When I was leaving I saw Claire making her way inside, so I wasn't surprised."

My stomach revolved at that, "Cl-Claire?"

Savannah nodded, "They're family friends, Theo and Claire. Their mothers are kind of business partners."

"Oh."

"What was she doing there?" Scott hissed out, looking at Savannah. His pitch had decreased drastically as if he didn't want someone else to hear.

"She was wearing a black thigh length dress." She whispered back. I could see the wheels rotating in her head.

"Do you think she was-" Scott cleared his throat.

"No! I mean, I don't know. Theo said they don't do that anymore."

"Uh-guys? What's going on?" I asked them, confused.

Savannah sighed, looking at her twin as if asking him for permission. When she didn't get a response, she turned to me, "Theo and Claire used to sleep together."

My stomach revolted.

"We advised him not to do something even casual with someone like her. Claire's a manipulative bitch. Theo deserves much more than her. So one day he told us he'd ended it."

"And," I cleared my throat, "You think he was lying?"

"I don't know. I hope he wasn't, Claire's a bitch. I don't want him wasting his time on her."

I don't want him wasting his time on anyone.

"Why did he go to the legal class yesterday?" Scott asked me. 

I felt my ears turn red, "I don't know?"

"Where are Bridget and Dean? I swear if they're in the janitor's closet doing all that kinky stuff-"

"Kinky?" Scott raised an eyebrow, gaining a newfound interest in the topic.

I tuned off from the rest of the conversation. My mind was too busy picturing Claire and Theo together. I wanted to puke, I wanted to get away. I wanted him to come to me and tell me it was a fucking lie, that nothing like that happened.