28| Unwanted Guest

Just as sure as the stars in the sky, I need you to shine in my life

-Justin Bieber

Theo

"Ma, stop fussing. Everything's gonna go amazing." I pressed a kiss to her forehead, holding her small waist, preventing her from moving.

"I know I know." She mumbled.

"I'm serious, you're not doing this the first time. Stop worrying so much." She pulled me down for a hug.

"She's coming, right?" My mother asked me as she arranged the hangers once again. I slapped her hand away. She just couldn't stop worrying even though everything was amazing as it was.

"Yes, she is." I nodded, and smiled.

"And I cannot call her Mia even though that's her name?"

"Ma come on we've gone over this five times already." I groaned. "Her name is Amelia. Mia is her nick name which only I am allowed to call her by."

"And why is that?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Because I'm the one who gave her that name and I am her boyfriend, and because I'm saying so."

"Okay, fine." She huffed.

There was still an hour left for the guests to start arriving. And my mother, being herself, didn't stop fussing about the simplest of things. I practically stuck to her like glue, pulling her away when she started arranging stuff again. And then when she just did it anyway, I groaned and went over to Tobias. He handled her way better than I did.

The glass door to the showroom opened and I had to squint my eyes a bit at the amount of glitter that entered the room. Lola Jackson dressed to impress, that's what everyone always told me. But to say she was way overdressed would be a huge understatement. Even celebrities didn't wear that much of a glittering dress in award ceremonies, and this was nowhere close.

She gave my mother a hug, pressed a kiss to both of my dad's cheeks, ruffled up Tobias's hair, and then made her way over to me. I noticed Tobias scowling, fixing his hair up. She kissed my cheek. "Theo! How have you been? Damn you've grown muscular than before."

I smiled sheepishly. "Thank you, Mrs Jackson."

She slapped my arm. "How many times have I told you to call me Lola. Mrs Jackson makes me sound old. And," She moved closer to me, her head reaching only my shoulder despite the heels she was wearing, tilting her head up. "We both know I'm not old."

"You're not." I nodded my head.

"How's university treating you? Claire tells me you've been winning the football matches like a pro, but I've always known you're good at it."

"Yeah, we've only had two games this season up till now, and they've been easy ones."

She rolled her eyes. "You underestimate yourself too much." She glanced behind me and groaned. "She's doing it again. Ugh your mother can never relax."

I watched her walk to my mother, who was busy wiping an imaginary stain on the table and shout, "Anna, Anna! Bro, stop. You've gotta chill. We're the boss, we're gonna kill it."

I stifled a laugh.

"Hi." I turned around, my eyes hitting the one piece clad figure of Claire. 

"Hey!" I gave her a hug. "You look great, by the way." She did look good, her blood red dress hugging her curves, golden loops in her ears, her hair pinned back, a small strand coming down to her chin.