4| Ride

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right

-Green Day

Amelia

"I'm not getting on that-that monster." I said to him, shivering just by looking at the motorbike. It would kill me, I was sure of it.

"Come on, you're hurting his feelings." Theo whined. 

"His? It's a he?" I raised an eyebrow.

He cleared his throat. "Mia, meet Monique. Monique, Mia."

"You named your bike Monique?"

He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and turned back to the bike. Then he swung his right leg over to the other side, sitting down on it. Then he looked at me, "Get on."

"No."

"I won't let anything happen to you. I'm a good biker."

"No."

He sighed, "Get on Mia, we literally have nothing else to do. Plus, I'm taking you to my secret place."

Did I want to go to his secret place? Yes, definitely.

Did I want to sit on that and risk my life? No, absolutely not. 

Right, this is the changed you. Still so fucking scared of trying anything new. My subconscious mocked at me. That was all it took, for me swing my right leg to the other side and get on the bike.

"If you drop me, I swear-"

"Hold tight, angel." His voice told me he was smirking because he won. 

And before I could say anything, the engine roared and we were out of the parking, speeding down the roads. My hands automatically coiled around his waist, clinging for support. The wind was whipping past my face, strands of my hair coming  out of the ponytail I'd tied, my hands sweating.

Jesus, I was fucking scared.

I buried my face in his back, my hands tightening around his stomach. I'd never sat on something moving this fast. The air was zipping past my ears, and there was a tingling feeling inside my stomach. I didn't know if it was because of the wind or because my hands were touching him. Either way, I felt nauseous. I don't know how long I sat like that, or how long it had been since we'd started. 

"Mia," Theo whispered after a while, glancing behind at me, "Hey, we're there. Are you okay?"

I uncoiled my hands from his waist, getting up from the bike. 

"Mia-"

And then I wobbled, falling straight on my butt.

And he burst out laughing. I huffed, getting up, giving him my best glare, "I'm fine."

He raised in hands, "I'm sure you are."

Then I turned around to look at my surroundings. And I was awestruck. We were on top of a hill, so high, that I could see the entire city around me. But that wasn't why I was awestruck. Directly beneath the hill was a lake, its water so clear and pure, flowing at its path. I could hear the sound of water flowing, birds chirping. I could see the sun shining so bright. I could feel at peace.