42| Speechless

Let's run away and don't ever look back

-Katy Perry

Amelia

"About Noah?" I asked her incredulously. "Why would you want to talk to me about him?"

"Because he's a psycho." She said forcefully. "A full blown psycho. He's lost his mind."

"I don't understand what you're saying." I said slowly.

She cleared her throat. "When I tell you this, I need you to keep an open mind. I know you don't trust me, I've never given you a reason to, but I don't care. I'm telling you this because even though I don't like you, I don't want you to get hurt at the end knowing I could have prevented it."

"O-kay?" I raised an eyebrow. I didn't trust her one bit. "If you think that little speech is gonna make things right between us-"

"Who said anything about making things right?" She questioned. "I'm here to warn you. That's it."

I raised my brow further.

Claire took a deep breath, her eyes meeting mine. "I met Noah the second day he came here. I think that was the day he came to know about you and Theo. He seemed to catch on about my..." She broke off.

"About your infatuation with my boyfriend?" I filled in for her.

Her cheeks turned red, and she cleared her throat again. "He came to know that I liked Theo, it wasn't a secret anyway. I never hid the fact that I found him attractive. Noah came to me and offered me a proposition."

"What kind of proposition?"

"A win win for both of us, he'd said. He wanted my help in breaking you two up. That way he could have you and I could have Theo."

I remembered the night of the boutique inauguration. "And you agreed."

"I agreed." She nodded. "And it was the perfect plan, you know. From what he'd told me about you two as a couple, you both were perfect together. He loved you, I could see it on his face when he talked about you. And at that moment I was too lost in the thoughts of Theo that I didn't see there was something else in him except the love for you."

"What was it?"

"Madness." She whispered. "Maddened possessiveness. He had the primal look of madness when he talked about you and I'd mistaken that for love. Don't get me wrong, he does love you. But there was something else with that. As if he would go mad if he didn't have you. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

I felt my hands shaking. "He came to my house yesterday." I whispered. "He threatened to hurt Theo if-"

"Yes!" She slapped her hands on her thighs. "That's exactly what I'm trying to say. He told me he kissed you on the night of the inauguration. I'd seen you cry and leave with Theo, so I knew there was something fishy. If you loved him and he kissed you, you surely wouldn't be crying."

"He-he forced himself on me."

"When I came to know about that, I backed out of the deal. I wanted Theo, but that didn't mean I would participate in assaulting someone. He was furious with me, but he said he didn't care and that he would still manage to make you fall for him again. Then I heard about the fight. I went to visit him that day."

"What happened after that?" I asked.

"The maddened look in his eyes increased. He looked possessed. He swore to make Theo pay. He told me he would not let this go. He was mad, Amelia, madder than anyone I've ever seen. He told me that Theo had escalated things a whole lot, and now he would hurt him. He would have you and hurt him at the same time." She whispered the last part.